Possible to replace just the screen cover on the ST5112?

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by C E Jones, May 18, 2011.

1. C E Jones

C E Jones Pen Pal - Newbie

The screen on my ST5112 is working fine, but the glass part that covers it is pretty scuffed up. I was wondering if it's possible to replace just this part and not the entire screen? Can't find anything on eBay, but I read in another thread this can be done.

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I was wondering if it's possible to replace just this part...>>

C: Wow, this is going back a ways, but I think the answer is: Yes.

My last Fujitsu slate was a Stylistic ST5022, which was the generation before your slate. I seem to recall that at one point, one edge of my screen shield (the surface which you actually touch with the pen) began to lift up. Looking under the edge, it appeared that the shield was held down by a thin strip of double-faced foam tape. One qualification, though; the edge hadn't lifted up but a fraction of an inch, and I couldn't see under it very clearly. I pressed the edge back down, and it stayed down. That was the extent of my experience.

For optical reasons, the screen shield might be bonded to the face of the LCD display; that would certainly complicate a repair. On my ST5022, I couldn't tell if that was the case, or not. Hopefully, another forum memeber with experience in this regard will comment...

3. tas

tas Pen Pal - Newbie

I found a video of a guy screwing open that tablet:
    The cover isn't connected, but my question would be where to get a spare cover or what to do once i removed the old one...

(Is this thread even active anymore?)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017