Possible to allow using short words in searches?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by JoeS, Sep 7, 2020.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Pretty regularly I look for something on TPCR, but the search interface refuses. Case in point, I was looking what had been posted on the Lenovo X13, so I searched for those two words. I'm told "The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: x13". So now the search results show all posts about Lenovo, which are a bit more common than posts about the word x13!

I get that this is probably to avoid having the server work too hard for people that are searching for the word 'the', but it makes looking for some tablet models pretty tricky! Is there a way to disable that feature and see if it gets abused? And if it isn't, can we please keep it disabled?

2. Charles P. Jefferies

Charles P. Jefferies Administrator Super Moderator

I don't have a forum software-based solution for that, but you can try using Google to search this forum with a query like this:
    site:forum.tabletpcreview.com lenovo x13

Charles

JoeS likes this.
  3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That's a good workaround. Downside is it doesn't allow searching in a specific thread, but maybe if I include the thread title between quotes, that would do the same. Thanks for the suggestion. :thumbsup: