Portege Z10t - I can't believe...

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by czm2000, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashers

Ashers Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you have any information on the possible upcoming 13"? I couldn't find anything on it.
    Edit: judging by the video, it looks almost identical to the 11.6" version, so I guess it will have pretty much the same specs (other than screen-size, processor jump, and 8GB).

One thing I'm not clear about for the Z10t is WWAN - in Australia, it comes with WWAN, but there's no mention of WWAN on the UK site

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I had a look around.

I can't find anything either which states 13.3" on the screen other than this one guy in the video. All the specs for the Z10T on Toshiba's site and elsewhere list the screen at 11.6"

My guess is that the video reviewer just got his data wrong. Too bad. I got excited over nothing, (of interest to me, anyway).

3. Ashers

Ashers Pen Pal - Newbie

That's exactly what I thought! And then I studied the video more. If you look closely at the keyboard in the video and the keyboard of the current Z10t (on various pictures provided by Toshiba), the position of the trackpad is different relative to the space-bar, impling that the keys are slightly more spaced out. That was the only way I could tell it was a different machine. Of course, it's still diffiicult to be sure that it is 13.3" but it is haswell and 8GB as is shown on the screen in the video.

4. fadesurf225

fadesurf225 Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if there's really anything to disagree on. I think it's great that you're able to use such a large resolution. Fitting more information on the screen is definitely a positive design. And, with the current trend towards HD and 4K and Retina Display, future screen designs should be something to look forward to.

There are folks who still choose to use the lower resolutions for whichever reasons. My preference just happens to be of the lower resolution. However, I reckon no matter what anyone's preference is for screen design whether high or low resolution, or somewhere in between - all choices oughta be good choices.

As for the ongoing topic of the larger 13-inch screen - that was a feature that I was looking forward to. Perhaps that guy in the video had got my hopes up over nuttin. Poopsmith.

And wow @ the Australian Telstra model - it comes with a Celeron processor...

5. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Pen Pal - Newbie

My partner bought this tablet home with this processor inside. I have to admit i was a little dudious of it but after installing a few games from steam such as Mark of the Ninja I was fairly impressed it was able to run the side scroller!.

I then installed Xcom Enemy Unknown and was able to get it to run but only in window mode with low res and settings. Game still ran only just though thanks to the wonderful celeron chip! Damn bottle neck. This really didnt bother me though as i have a dedicated pc rig for such games.

I then installed Zbrush and the app work fine takes a little to load but when its running i have no problems.

This brings me to my question, am i able to get a wacom digitizer for this tablet and use the pressure sensitivity of the stylus or is this limited for only the high end z10ts?

6. balistic

balistic wacom jock

Has anyone been able to determine which models come with the active digitizer? Toshiba's website is ... ambiguous. The cheapest one is listed as a Z15t instead of a Z10t, which I would *guess* means that it's touch-only, but if it did have a Wacom sensor it'd be a pretty sweet deal.

7. testplayer

testplayer Scribbler - Standard Member

Based on the videos from Computex 2013, the haswell refreshed z10t has core i5-4200Y (i5-4300Y and i7-4610Y options are also possible, according to the ivy bridge version of z10t), 8GB DDR3, wacom (looks like). But the screen size looks like 11.6" instead of 13.3", and it's really thick, but just because it's thick, it can have a pen silo. Not sure about the weight though.
    According to their press release: http://socialnews.toshiba.co.uk/media/Toshiba-Z-Series-Press-Release-07-10-13.pdf, z30 will have 13.x" display, z40 -> 14.x", z50 -> 15.x", so, by this convention, z10t will still have 11.6" screen.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Well, the z10t was also 11.6"- one of the reasons I wasnt a go for it. I'd like something bigger (like a 13.3" tablet!). Still, a lot about the rest of it sounds nice. Any news on how thick it is? A number of other .4"-.5" thick tablets have silos and pens too-- the pens in the silos are just thinner and smaller than they used to be.

9. danallraj

danallraj Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey HappyCamper,

Were you able to determine if the celeron model has a wacom digitizer? Thanks.

10. danallraj

danallraj Pen Pal - Newbie

The celeron model with power options set to high performance will multitask very well, but when it's set to a max CPU of say 30% - 50% to save on battery, it starts to struggle with multitasking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.