Portege Z10t - I can't believe...

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by czm2000, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Totally agree.

Sent from my GS4

2. bmac

bmac Pen Pal - Newbie

Will the Z10t use a Haswell processor with more than 2 cores?

3. meow9th

meow9th Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, kick-a$$ function is sexy. I don't want to see vanishing bezels and rounded corners and what have you - I just want to see function. That's why I've always loved the Thinkpad look. :D

4. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

99% no. There are no iCore tablets with more than 2 cores anywhere. This should follow suit. I don't even think Intel makes quad-core mobile cpus.

5. Zero

Zero Scribbler - Standard Member

The lowest Intel mobile quad core has a TDP of 37 W so we'll hopefully see big tablets will an Intel quad core soon ( next year?)

Intel Core i7 4702HQ Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

6. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Wow. That would be cool. A true cpu improvement for high end stuff, compared to normal dual core. Right? Stuff is normally very incremental and small, in terms of power increases, since they're all still dual core. A quad core in a tablet would be a dramatic change.

7. fadesurf225

fadesurf225 Pen Pal - Newbie

I know there exists at least one 17-inch lappy with a quad core and an active digitizer built into the screen as options. It's either an HP Elitebook workstation or a Dell Precision workstation, or both. One of these can be ordered with an awkward 2nd screen. I'm not sure if these count as tablets though...

And yes - function goes a long way. I think an artist once told me that function breeds form. Or maybe that was from an Alien movie. I kinda forgot.

8. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

Dell m6600 workstation with ntrig is what your referring to. Only active digitizer machine with a quadcore and discrete GPU I know of. A beast with a pen.

If it was wacom and actually spun around like a convertible, I would have considered it.

9. BurntOrngeLonghorn84

BurntOrngeLonghorn84 Scribbler - Standard Member

I think they'll be more all-in-ones marketed as mobile desktops, than tablets. The line will be blurred though for sure.

10. meow9th

meow9th Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, good point. Since I don't care about battery life, I've always wanted the higher TDP options - for example, Haswell's best graphics performance are only available with the high TDP variants. Unfortunately, most people here and the manufacturers seem to primarily care about battery life, so the manufacturers provide greater battery life the same performance rather greater performance at the same battery life.

But your AIO comment makes me hopeful that years the down the road, I'll have my high TDP tablet... that is still portable ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.