Portable options of drawing/sketching/taking notes

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Salkin, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I find that for the Galaxy Book 10.6.....the default Tablet PC setting works pretty perfectly with CSP....never once felt the need to seek out a wintab driver.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

No, that's the one flaw in the Samsung line. And that's a good point to bring up so people know going in.

It's a subtle point, though; it doesn't drive me to distraction the way AES used to, and I've gotten used to it at this point. I can make a whole page and not think about it once. These days, I find the MS driver is adequate for most of my needs and I maintain such high DPI in canvases that zooming in to work on tight details is usually sufficient to overcome its flaws, which are only apparent to me when I'm drawing details in a square centimeter of screen. -Where if I just don't want to zoom in, I'll switch over to Wintab.

3. doobiedoobiedum

doobiedoobiedum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How does this work? You have both digitiser drivers on the tablet but only one enabled?

I was so close to ordering the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro with sPen even at horrible UK prices but I keep hearing things that put me off. (One big reason I went and paid for the Dell with a dekstop instead.)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

In Clip Studio Paint, there's a simple radio button which lets you pick which driver you want to use. It takes literally three seconds to switch from one to another.

Anyway.., you should absolutely get a N9P (if money is available without putting a strain on your life). Those little items of concern are little items. Even Jesus got dirt under his nails.

I totally dig this computer. I'm working on it right now, actually. I've had it for a year this month, and I can honestly say I'd buy another one straight away if I lost this one. Nobody has made anything in the same class which is worth considering since it came out, except maybe Wacom, but you can get two of these for the price of one of theirs. -Not to mention double the number of keyboards!

Oh, and in other news...

The last Stardrop strip I drew, I did within a normal 10 hour window (instead of 15 plus!), and it looks good, with tight linework and the whole bit! I think I can declare that I've finally hit my pace on the Dell Canvas. Thank goodness!

WillAdams and doobiedoobiedum like this.
  5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Whoa, Surface NTrig wintab works with anything I guess?

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Seems to be so.
    Any wacom driver installed after that will override it though, so you'll have to install it again.

7. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I mean if you have Wacom Feel driver available for your device, you'd never bother with the Surface wintab, no?

8. Azzart

Undoubtedly.
    But I need to install the Wacom drivers only to make the Expresskey Remote work and this messes with the Microsoft driver.
    And Wacom being Wacom, it happens that sometimes their drivers go nuts and you'll have to reinstall them.

9. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried to install the Wacom drivers on my galaxy book (to plug a cintiq 21ux on it) and it totally killed the Samsung drivers. The s-pen wasn't working anymore (neither the cintiq by the way).
    The only solution I found was to do a factory reset of the galaxy book.
    Maybe I did something wrong. I don't know.
    I just want to say that installing other drivers can be a success, or not...

10. Azzart

Never had any problem installing the Cintiq/Intuos driver on the Galaxy Book 12 before. Same for the Galaxy Book 10.6 I have now.
    I didn't plug in any Cintiq on them though.

WillAdams likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.