Poor support from Motion Computing

Discussion in 'Motion Computing' started by Namssorg, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samruffin

samruffin Pen Pal - Newbie

We have an M1400 that has been giving us trouble for quite some time now. When in the cradle, when you try to adjust the video settings or switch to multiple monitor mode the tablet crashes. We have sent the tablet in numerous times to get this fixed, but it seems that it cannot be reproduced by Motion Computing so they cannot fix it. We have another tablet of the same model that does not have this problem and we know that it is not specific to the cradle because of testing. The support there is poor. They promise you a great deal and do not deliver on any of it. When we first ordered three tablets from them, the charge for the tablets was immediate on our credit card and we were told no more than 2-3 three weeks for delivery. Two of them took more than six weeks and one took nine weeks. Though we did not have the equipment they had our money. But this is normal operating for Motion Computing. If you send in a tablet for repair or troubleshooting, they will promise a quick turnaround. Do not believe them because they will not deliver on time. Don't expect them to be very concerned with any deadline you have to meet that they are blowing away. I cannot speak for the quality of the product as two tablets did seem to work fine. But now we have a tablet that does not work for what we got it for and no solution to the issue. We have sent it in three times and this has taken months to do given the slow turnaround that they promise they will not have. Anyway, Motion Computing is probably not the best choice out there for your money.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for sharing your experience with Motion Computing. I am sorry to here of the less than satisfactory service. We have never had an opportunity to work with them for reviews or press information as they do not reply to our correspondence.

3. master

master Pen Pal - Newbie

They dont reply? hmm

That is a bit of a worry.. Im hesitant to do business with them at all now :(

4. Stockmarket

Stockmarket Pen Pal - Newbie

Unfortunately Motion support is notorious. Without a doubt. You can get your problems resolved (most of the time) but you have to go to upper level management/call/email/ stay on it! It's tiring, it's rediculous, it's not worth the premium price tag. You buy a Lexus you expect "Lexus" superior support, that's why you pay the premium, no?

Haven't had any problems with my LE1600 unit BUT I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE ACCESSORIES:

Extended battery (replaced 1x)
    Convertible Keyboard (replaced 3X)
    6-Cell battery (replaced 1x)
    Digitizer (needs replacing)

Fujitsu has the most reliabe tech support in my experience.

5. miklwald

miklwald Pen Pal - Newbie

The support problem is a big reason I am replacing my aging M1300VA with the Fujitsu T4215.

6. JasonZX12R

JasonZX12R Pen Pal - Newbie

I have a issue with mine, the digitizer broke as well. They have responded, so far, pretty quickly to my requests. I am waiting on a return box to arrive.

7. Namssorg

Namssorg Industrial Designer

I've contacted Motion a few times since buying a Motion le1600. It's still under warranty, and so far I've had very very minimal (if any) hold times, and they've been pretty helpful if I've got a problem with my tablet. I also called about a battery that wasn't charging and they set up a repair.

I haven't had a ton of luck getting through via e-mail- I suggest giving them a call, they're pretty friendly folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.