POLL: Which brands of Chinese tablet PCs have the most reliable hardware?

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by sonichedgehog360, Mar 25, 2017.

1. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 Editor-in-Chief of TechAndTiny Senior Member

TAKE THE POLL HERE >> http://www.strawpoll.me/12607453 << TAKE THE POLL HERE

Results as of 3/29/2017:
    Sketch (3).png

Live results:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/12607453/r

Based on Chris at Tech Tablet's ranking of brands of Chinese tablet PCs, I am starting a simple poll here to find out which brands of Chinese tablets are the most reliable. Just select the applicable poll answers for the particular brand or brands you have owned with a Yes or a No in response too the following question: Have you had any hardware issues with the following brands of Chinese tablets?

If you answered yes, please reply briefly to this thread with a post stating the model name and issue you experienced. For example, if you owned an Onda V919 3G Air and the screen started to yellow, simply state something along the lines of "I used to have an Onda V919 3G Air but its screen started to develop yellowing in areas of the screen."

Thank you for contributing!

Finally, if after reading this thread you are wondering which is the safest vendor to purchase your Chinese tablet from, @surfaceproartist has shared the following piece of advice:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Teclast Tbook 10S
    The screen goes off randomly depending on position. I believe it could be some loose contact. It has other small problems but those might just be poor hardware/drivers.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

At first I was surprised, thinking, "I had no idea there were so many Chinese off-brand tablets out there!" But then I realized that these are all in the Surface clone category, rather than the Cintiq clone.

sonichedgehog360 likes this.
  4. sonichedgehog360

Fixed! I changed the thread title to include "tablet PC" to alleviate any confusion.

Aman likes this.
  5. crazycat

crazycat Pen Pal - Newbie

I used to have a Cube iwork 10 Flagship with 'wavy' digitizer problem below.Writing text is impossible. Pretty sure it's caused by jumpy touch screen. Non-pen users still seem pretty happy with it though.

I'm using the Jumper EZpad 5SE to write this post on the type cover. No problem so far, just some lag with video and low battery life, which shouldn't be counted as defect but hardware limitation.

A few years back I got an old Pipo android tablet from my uncle, which developed power problem and boot loop after one week. Shortly later the power died.Not sure if android count but that's a Pipo tablet 2 or3 year ago.

6. sonichedgehog360

Thank you, @crazycat, @Azzart, @thatcomicsguy, and (by deduction) @surfaceproartist, @okieiam and anyone else I might have missed for contributing your experiences so far. I am positive many people will find this incredibly valuable in making future purchases. For example, I personally am on the fence between a host of choices, and this helps immensely in whittling down all those options.

Here are the latest results as of today, 3/29/2017. It looks like Cube–specifically, the models Mix Plus and the i7 Stylus, and not the iWork 10–is the safest brand to purchase so far. Jumper might be safe, but we probably need at least one more data point before we can safely conclude one way or the other:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017