Please help!!! Cracked HP Tx2000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by GenuiNe, Nov 12, 2008.

1. lexcavaj

lexcavaj Pen Pal - Newbie

interesting. please upload the pics on this thread so everyone can see it. thanks! :)

2. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes please upload some pics of the process.
    i have the same problem on a tx1000.It falled down and the screen was cracked for about5 lines.I can see perfectly well excepts for the zones of this lines.The touchscreen doesnt work but i dont care.
    So you think that if i disable the display and took out this cristal i would be able to solve the problem?
    So the cristal is not the lcd?i thought i had broken the lcd..?
    help please

3. sirjaume

up! i need help

4. Tucci999

Tucci999 Pen Pal - Newbie

please post the pictures because i am in the same situation, and HP knows of my situation, cause my brother broke the screen and called up HP before i got home.

i cannot find any bricked tx2510 online either, and when i find the LCD it doesn't have the touch screen included.

5. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

There is the actual LCD screen. The touch screen includes a layer of extra glass that is glued to the LCD screen. This glass layer is to protect the screen from the tablet pen. Often this layer of glass breaks but the LCD screen in the back is fine. With a careful hand, a screw driver, and a razor you can remove the broken touch screen and still have the LCD display.

6. sirjaume

Well,job is doce.I did it.I put myself toguether and i disasembled the display to be able to retrieve the plastic and take out the touchscreen cristal that was cracked.
    Now i dont have the touchscreen but at least i can use with a normal display without breaks in the middle
    I saved 425 euros so about 600 $ HP were asking me for repairing it...!!!

7. oneblackorchid

oneblackorchid Pen Pal - Newbie

I had a cracked tx2000 and this worked for me as well! It was so simple to do by removing all 8 screws, removing the bezel cover, and then carefully using a razor blade to slice through the black spongy tape between the top cracked screen/protective plastic and the intact LCD screen below as mentioned above.

Sacrificing the touch screen for this fix is definitely worth it.

8. sirjaume

I start being suspicious about all this.There have been many cases where people had crashed their touchscreen cristal.Being the lawer of the devil i must say that HP just set on a very fragile cristal to have a high percentage of cracked displays where everybody knows that to repair such thing costs an egg and part of the other.... so the question is on the air...

PD Thanks to this forum and this thread me and other people we ve been brave and successfull to solve this issue so Hp wouldn-t caught us..

9. aswfreak12

aswfreak12 Pen Pal - Newbie

That or they put a fragile one on there so consumers could have an affordable tablet that the tx series is.....

10. soru

soru Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, please upload pics of the process or send me via email