Plastic Memory Module Cover

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by AEDan1977, Feb 26, 2010.

1. AEDan1977

AEDan1977 HP Tablet User

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone else was having issues with the plastic memory module cover on the bottom of the laptop staying on snug, I think the screw threads on mine are warped because the plastic piece wiggles a bit and if I pull on it I can pull the screws out with it without turning them with a screw driver. The only thing that sucks is it is the entire bottom support bracket for all the components in the laptop if I wish to replace it. I was just curious if anyone else had a similar experience with there covers?

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I've taken the covers off both the hard drive and memory bays and the covers screw in just fine.

3. A30N

A30N Technologist

Go dig in your junk drawer for a slightly thicker screw, making sure that it is fine threaded and not longer than the original. I've also fixed similar situations by brushing the threads on the original screw with a very thin coating of rubber cement, and screwing it in before it sets.

4. Fujilives

Fujilives Pen Pal - Newbie

50-90 cents for a roll of pipe-tape might fix your problem too, though you could probably replicate that with stuff like a thin-slice from a grocery bag or something.