photoshop performance in tm2, the bottom line

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by tryingtolearn, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryingtolearn

tryingtolearn Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks everyone for your input, it really helps a lot.

the video causing the lag doesn't make sense to me but as oliver said, the digitiser is pure photoshop gold!

I understand what you said about the x201t and i looked into tablet functionality with uber CPU and GPU. the best i could find was the W700.

Even still the tablet was next to the keyboard and not a digitiser on the screen. i was considering it even still, until i realised how big and heavy it was.

At the end of the day, i've decided to get a TM2 and an ENVY 15. It's not the ideal solution but at least i don't have to lug around a W700. I did look into the AVA Direct D700f instead of the Envy but again it was just too big (and ridiculously powerful).

I'll try both of them out. If I find the TM2 suitable for my daily usage, the Envy will just stay at home. If not then i'll leave the TM2 at home for whenever the digitiser will come to good use.

Please excuse my ignorance, but just why don't OEM manufacturers or barebone system builders simply allow any laptop the option to have a wacom digitiser for $xxx extra?

2. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

Good choice-- that's what I use too: Envy 15 and the TM2. BTW, I find Photoshop CS4 perfectly acceptable on the TM2.

That ThinkPad T400s doesn't have an active digitizer, so not a good choice for graphic arts.

3. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The tm2 has great overall performance and can probably handle just about any desktop application with ease.

Overall I've been VERY pleased with the performance of my tm2.

4. Oliver Beyer

Oliver Beyer Scribbler - Standard Member

I wouldn't to video transcoding on it. I tried some and it was pretty painful. But transcoding of hd video requires a monster CPU anyway. That's no a usual daily task though so if you bring some patience, even that works.