Photoshop issues in primary portrait mode T5010

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by Stejni, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Stejni

Stejni Pen Pal - Newbie

When using photoshop CS4 in primary portrait mode, the pen movement gets inverted (when I hold the pen in the lower leftcorner ofthe screen, the cursor showes up at the top right corner in Photoshop. I searched the forums and found this solution;
    Add this key in Registry;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\TabletServicePen\PARAMETERS

and add a DWORD (32bit works) named WTKernelBypass

I did and it seemed to work, the cursor was now at the same position as the pen. However, the lines in PS was not as smooth anymore, when I drew a line it got quite messy compared to before, all my writing looks terrible. Because of this I had to delete the registry key, and now the lines are as smooth as before, but I cannot use the primary portrait mode anymore.. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It is so great to have it in primary portrait mode compared to secondary, as the scroll sensor and the buttons are on the left side.

Any help?

2. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

Adobe announced a service pack for CS4 that deals with many of these problems.

3. Stejni

Stejni Pen Pal - Newbie

I downloaded the new update, 11.0.1 but I've still got the same problem.. Am I the only one?

4. aretzios

aretzios Scribbler - Standard Member

I use CS3 and have none of these problems. My recommendation is to remove Photoshop CS4, complete clean the registry, reinstall, apply the new patch and see where this gets you. This is likely caused by a wayward registry value of the original package.