Performance Tablet?

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Curious_G, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curious_G

Curious_G Pen Pal - Newbie

Always checked out this site many times, first time poster... here goes!

Hello, I'm a student and I've always been very keen on getting a tablet one of these days. Well, money's not as issue so I'm looking at all these tablet pcs wondering which one I should get.

Generally speaking, I want a Tablet PC that I can write on well enough for many, fast, rapid notes. Given what I know, that means I shouldnt go for passive digitizers right? Also, I would like a fairly powerful PC. I want some bang for my buck. What do I intend to do with this tablet? Many notes, Photoshop, CS, the artsy stuff like that lol :p been a long time hobby.

Gaming? Well, this is a tablet pc, so I figured that's not big since I will not have time for it nor am I that much of an avid gamer. Though, truth be told, the rare game every now and then isnt so much to ask, is it?

Thanks again for any help! I'm sorry if I seem like a total noob (well, really I am!)

2. Mistah_C

Mistah_C The Reviewer

Because I saw the title: "Performance Tablet" on your thread, I am going to recommend that you look into the Fujitsu T4220 Tablet PC. In terms of performance and quality- its top grade.
    Hope you find a great tablet

3. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

Any tablet will handle fast notes. If you want to do graphics, there's the big screen option in the Gateway C-140x, or the compact but higher solution option in the Fujitsu T4220 with SXGA screen. Unfortunately the fastest Gateway seems to be having some overheating issues when spec'd with the top of the line processor and video card.

4. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

that was one person

5. Luke

Luke Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Dark_Wolf

Dark_Wolf Pen Pal - Newbie

The T4220 is pretty much the best tablet on the market if it's within your price range, and you don't have any special needs.
    Fill in the Questions form found in the FAQ and we'll have an easier time helping you though ;)

7. Curious_G

So far the Gateway C-140X looks really good. Thanks for all the input guys. Yes, I will fill in the Questions form =)

8. Curious_G

ahhh guys! I'm a Canadian in Canada! Can I still get my gateway????

9. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi Curious_G,

Unfortunately, Gateway only services and sells their systems to the U.S. only. Also, you need to fill out the Tablet Buying FAQ/Questionnaire so that we know your budget and what your requirements are.

10. bluknight

bluknight Pen Pal - Newbie

Someone should make a website that would allow the user to fill in the answer to the questions in the FAQ and then give suggestions that match the requirements. They would then come in here with a greater knowledge of their options and the people in here would be merely helping them to narrow down their search and choose one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.