Pen Tools Grayed out in OneNote

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by aztekxero, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

OK, so the other thing in common is that both tablets are only opening shared versions from my desktop. I check the share properties on my desktop and found each notebook to have 2-3 "? Unknown Contact Read/Write" and the homegroup share gone. So once I deleted the unknown contact, and then re-added the homegroup share to read/write, all the inking started working again on the shares.

The problem with homegroup is that my desktop keeps losing the TPC's on the network. Those TPC's however can see and use the shares completely.

2. tsttm

tsttm Pen Pal - Newbie

another thanks to miketwo..i was just about to re-install office...

3. bigslick

bigslick Pen Pal - Newbie

+1 Don't know what windows key+V is but it definitely worked for me as well! weird...

4. TXavier

TXavier Pen Pal - Newbie

Yet another big thanks to miketwo! I was going to do a "rollback" of my system before I saw this Win+V fix. . .

5. analog-life

analog-life Pen Pal - Newbie

I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the other forums, so spread the word if you can.

If you have a windows gadget called Clipboarder installed on your desktop, it could be interfering with the Win+V fix in OneNote.

I tried the Win+V fix and it wasn't working for me. Then I realized that Clipboarder assigns a function to Ctrl+V by default. Once I changed the options in Clipboarder and assigned a different hotkey than Win+V, the fix worked perfectly in OneNote.

So if you're a fan of gadgets, try it out! By the way, Clipboarder is a fantastic gadget otherwise, which is why I have it in the first place. I highly recommend it!

6. Judy

Judy Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you so much ! miketwo ! your tip of Windows Key + V saves my day !! Not too late for me, six years later from your original post. :)