Pen recommendation for Surface Pro 1 / 2?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by daddyfish, Aug 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

I don't have any experience with the Lamy pens it "should" be fine but I would check if they have a compatibility list on their page.

I have used the previous model to the jumbo, but it should work equally well.

I would avoid the note pens as they are toothpick pens and look at one of the ones I listed unless you can find the converter to make the note pen into a full sized pen.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

daddyfish likes this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Keeper of Odd Knowledge Senior Member

That Cross Pen was sweet. In the most recent versions of the software, the offset is now annoying.

3. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I bought the Lamy since I could order it at a local shop and in their comparison list Surface pro 1 & 2 were mentioned. Looking forward to trying it out. Supposedly it has a programmable button, 4000 pressure points and comes with 2 extra nibs. The only thing I am wondering is if I need to remove my screen protector from the Pro 1 (I hope not since it is quite a tank now :vbbiggrin:).

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...I am wondering is if I need to remove my screen protector...>>

No; that should be OK...

daddyfish likes this.
  5. daddyfish

I received my Lamy pen today :)
    Seems to work good so far, the pressure feature works and the programmable button works as right mouse button as default apparently. The pen feels like those refillable ink pens from the old day, feels nice.
    There is some offset but only if I keep the pen a bit skewed (I think slightly more than with my simple ntrig pen on my Envy 2-1), does not really bother me though.

In the box: The pen with nib, cap for protection (nice surprise), 2 extra nibs and metal thingy to install the nibs.

What I still need to find out:
    - increase scaling effect of pressure sensitivity (the range seems low now, but I only tried Penbook so far).
    - how to change the programmable button.

Going to enjoy trying out the pen in combination with UWP. :) And trying it out in strategy games. :D:rolleyes:

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  6. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

daddyfish likes this.
  7. daddyfish

I know this sounds retarded but I just played Warcraft 3 with the pen and it worked so well and smooth (while it is completely unplayable with touch only). 20 minutes win, casually played. Makes me think that about every real time strategy is at the least casually playable on windows tablets by pen and turn based games probably competitively too.
    Pen has the following critical advantages to touch here: instant right mouse button, pointer hover for tooltips / highlighting and no obscuring finger / fine accuracy.

Marty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.