Pen "jitters"

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by pandadentist, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandadentist

pandadentist Pen Pal - Newbie

I know to search before posting and I did, but nothingI found worked.:(
    my pen jitters when ever I use it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMGX7CQAuS0
    specs: win 7 build 7600 64 bit, hptx 2500z.
    i just want wacom drivers NO windows tablet drivers. any help

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Why do you insist on the Wacom drivers? I uninstalled the HP Wacom drivers and tried the download from Wacom and they were even worse. I just went with the included drivers from Win7 and they are perfect except for no pressure sensitivity in PS. However, pressure sensitivity came back in Artrage 2.5. I just doodle, so it all fine with me. I love the accuracy now on both my tablets.:D And no jitters either. Oh, the Win7 drivers are from Wacom too, just older.

3. pandadentist

i need pressure sensitivity in PS

4. ScubaX

Have you tried the regedit fix after installing the Wacom drivers? A link is in a sticky under Gateway tablets.

5. pandadentist

what topic

6. pandadentist

really need a fix so bump

7. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I gave Win 7 a whirl on an older tablet which should still be plenty powerful enough to run the new OS, and is in every other respect, but I found that the stylus just didn't respond well. The input was laggy, resulting in "Stop Signs" when I'd sketch quick circles.

It's not the same as your problem, which looks to me like it might be something hardware related; Not fun! :(

But my solution, after several hours of mucking around finding no solutions, was just to scrap Win7 and reinstall WinXP. If you use the Professional edition (I think) or Home edition (I know), then you don't have to deal with MS's pen driver, and you can fly entirely on the Wacom driver. That solves a LOT of issues.

In Win XP, I have no troubles at all. PS gives pressure sensitivity, no lag. Just smooth.

If you can't solve the problem with driver fixes, then try XP again. It's tried & true. If your stylus is still jittering after that, then my guess is that you're probably looking at a hardware issue. Fingers crossed it's not!

Good luck!

8. ScubaX

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.