Pen Inversion with Photoshop only in Secondary Portait Mode of tx2500z

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jomodad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. hsqu

hsqu Pen Pal - Newbie

When I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 in secondary portrait orientation with the hp pen, the cursor or pen tip is always inverted (for example: when I am in the top left of the screen, the cursor is in the bottom right). This happens only when I use the pen and not with my finger. I checked for updates in photoshop and it said they were up to date. When I use photoshop in any other orientation the pen acts normally with photoshop and I can draw perfectly. Also when I minimize photoshop in secondary portrait mode and use the pen with any other program, it works perfectly, so this only happens with photoshop. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and/or has a fix.

If anyone is confused with what secondary portrait orientation is, it is:

1) When the Windows start bar is on the side where the DVD-RW and a/c adapter plug is in tablet mode or

2) When the start bar is where the blue DVD and quickplay buttons are on the screen in normal laptop mode

Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

Have you seen this (from one of the stickies)?

3. jomodad

jomodad Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey wow! I had this same issue with the same version of Photoshop today. But... I just rotated the screen 180 into primary portrate mode and it worked fine. I see you know this But.. Is there a reason you are set on using the secondary mode?

Are you using Vista 32bit or 64bit? Did you have any troubles installing Photoshop? I did due to the fact I was upgrading from v4 to v5 then to v7. At one point I was looking for trial versions to install and then use my ser number hoping it would work. I am fine now.

Cadaeic: Thanks for the reg edit fix. Help me out with your screen name. Will you write it out phoneticaly so I can figure out how to pronounce it. And... What does it mean or stand for. JoMoDad is the first two letters in my sons first and middle names and Dad is what I am his Dad. When your a Polack with a long name no one can spell you are alwys looking for short cuts. The last name always becomes ski.

4. Cadaeic

Cadaeic Scribbler - Standard Member

Hah... I made it up actually... doesn't mean anything specific

Ka-Day-Ick

5. hsqu

hsqu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you Cadaeic! The regedit fixed the problem.

jomodad: I am using Vista 32bit and had no trouble installing photoshop. I prefer using photoshop in secondary portrait because that way the fan is away from me and is able to be in an open area rather than against my shirt (when I am holding it).

6. jomodad

jomodad Pen Pal - Newbie

Well. ... that makes me feel a little smarter. I can usually figure out custom vanity license plates. Your screen name stumped me. I watch Family Guy and couldn't figure out a reference there either.

That's a great reason for secondary portrait. I knew there was one. I am sure I would have found that out the "Hot." way.