Pen hover right click...

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by RyanCorpse, Aug 6, 2009.

1. RyanCorpse

RyanCorpse Pen Pal - Newbie

So I just had Windows7 installed on my x61t and I forgot how to enable the "right click button" on the pen!

I know it was in the options somewhere, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
    I know how to right click, but for me, pressing the pen button without tapping the screen to rightclick is much more natural for me.

This is what I mean,

Default = Hold pen button and tap on screen = Right Click

But what I want is = Press button without touching the screen to right click.

This is driving me crazy. It's such a simple option but I can't find it anywhere....

2. achuang

achuang Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here... I am very unaccustomed to having to hold the button on the stylus and then tapping on the screen to perform a right-click.

Before, in Vista, I was able to right-click by just pressing the button on the stylus while hovering above the screen.

I know there is a way to enable this, and that is to use the Wacom drivers. By doing so, I would be able to open the "Tablet Properties," which has an option to enable the hover/right-click. However, due to driver conflict for Windows 7, I was forced to disable the Wacom driver and use the Windows 7 driver instead.

3. primexx

primexx Scribbler - Standard Member

afaik I only ever had the options with the Wacom drivers (which I did install onto Win7 Beta with no problems, didn't try on RC), not with the Windows default one.

4. achuang

achuang Pen Pal - Newbie

Hmmmm for me, when I try using the Wacom drivers, Windows 7 doesn't really recognize my stylus as a stylus, but rather as a mouse replacement. Instead of changing into the "dot" that signifies the input being a stylus, the cursor stays as the arrow. Also, with the Wacom drivers in Windows 7, I cannot get the eraser to work, and it does not automatically switch from "text" to "pen" mode in OneNote when I put my stylus up to the monitor. The only advantage the Wacom drivers have is that it supports the hover/right-click option.

Oh, and with the Wacom drivers, my touch is fully compromised... it only works with the Windows 7 drivers.

(By the way, I have the Windows 7 RC on my tx2500, in case you were wondering.)

5. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

moved it to the appropriate forum.

I also don't know how to change this in Win 7, however the Wacom driver worked fine for me, but haven't tested it in detail, the only drawback was the inferior calibration compared to the advanced pen calibration the Windows standard drivers have.

6. Kspear

Kspear x200t 1.86ghz 128gSSD w7

Try Pen Tablet properties in Control Panel.
    I too am experiencing inconsistent finger/mouse vs pen recognition.
    Flicks work then don't as well.

7. mmccord

mmccord Scribbler - Standard Member

I was able to do this by installing these drivers:

ftp://ftp.wacom-europe.com/pub/WINDOWS/cons511-1_int.exe

Then going into control panel > Pen Tablet Properties > Advanced Button
    Switch from 'Click & Tap' to 'Hover Click'.

Oh, this was on a T5010 with a wacom digitizer. I forgot while I was working on this that you have a X61t. If it is a wacom digitizer, this should work. I don't recall what the x61 has though.

8. jonlumpkin

jonlumpkin Scribbler - Standard Member

This worked for my x200 Tablet with the Wacom enhanced driver as well. Thanks for the tip as I prefer the option of right clicking at an exact point (I would often find I shifted 2-5 pixels between clicking the button and pressing down on the screen otherwise).

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Just had this same difficulty

Had to change the Wacom panel setting to Tablet PC defined.