pen cursor keeps freezing and disappearing

Discussion in 'VAIO / Sony' started by skyman, Sep 19, 2016.

1. KiMyu

KiMyu Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you @Marty. I have symptoms like this one. But it did not apply to me. My symptom is that the adapter is disconnected and the pen point is often located at the right edge when the screen brightness is below 70%. I think it's a physical problem that does not have internal electrical control. I do not live in the United States, so repairs are more difficult, so I will try to fix it a little bit.

2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I get pen/touch issues probably once a day. I just put the ZC to sleep or restart and that seems to fix it. Something I just live with.

3. jbaks

jbaks Scribbler - Standard Member

how so? I noticed windows 10 likes to hang for micro seconds which makes the explorer.exe desktop hang which in tern makes the stylus randomly hang for about a second sometimes two, then it comes back right away tho. It doesnt happen when im drawing at all that I can remember.

4. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I should clarify and change my first statement to multiple times a day. When I bring the pen out and then bring it back towards the digitizer, it won't register. I'll have to take it out of the sensor zone and sometimes bring it back in 2-3 times before it'll pick up the pen again.

I also get the issues when my touch input seems to register about 100-200px higher then where I'm touching. I notice it when using Hangouts, I'll click to send a text to a specific person and it'll choose the person in the list 1 or 2 spots higher. I put it to sleep and wake it up again and it seems to be fine after that.

5. KiMyu

KiMyu Pen Pal - Newbie

I could confirm a little more about the problem.
    Please watch the video.

(Problem image)

(Temporary problem nuclear)

I think this is a physical problem. It is different from those who have different symptoms or have not been resolved temporarily. But at least in my case, it seems like a problem with the gaps in the device. If you press down a certain part like the above image, it seems that the problem disappears and I think it is necessary to reassemble it.
    I should be careful.
    If you have symptoms like me, you should go to VAIO AS Center (I am alive and need to repair it myself or repair it at a non-vendor near you).

Marty likes this.
  6. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

the same problem but for me happens even when using a mouse or trackpad on the included blutooth keyboard.

7. Fungus

Fungus Pen Pal - Newbie

the cursor turns into the small hover symbol when the stylus is hoving just above the display even when I'm not using the pen. I'm trying to find out if this is a software/driver or hardware issue.

8. HawkLS

HawkLS Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is my story:

A couple of years ago I went in a Microsoft store and among all the nice laptops and surface devices I picked a Z Canvas even though they offered better deals on other devices. I have had wonderful and pleasing time with my Z Canvas and it seemed to be a dream machine. :)

After around 8 months I got the fearful unresponsive pen syndrome. Tried to eliminated fluorescent lights interference, WiFi interference and all sort of electromagnetic sources that I thought could make the pen freeze once in a while. Seems that when I pressed some parts of the Z Canvas I got the pen back to business... at least it was what I thought.o_O

I sent some e-mails to Vaio customer support but they never answered them so I got used to the pen misbehavior and my dream machine almost turned to an instrument of torture when the the cursor always tried to stay at the lower right corner of the screen just like there was another ghost pen, no matter I turned off the keyboard or put the Z Canvas to sleep. I even bought a surface pen and it had the same bad behavior. The Windows 10 updates didn't help neither.:mad:

I was so worn-out about the situation that I put my Z Canvas inside its case and forgot it for a couple of weeks. After that I was amazed that when I turned it on again all of sudden it worked just like the first time when I got it home. Sometimes there was a little delay when I place the pen on the display but it was normal at least for me.

I have my Z Canvas back to normal but I don't have a clue about how that happened.

The fact is that we paid a premium price for it and we didn't get a premium device nor a premium customer service. It sure has a powerful processor and a nice display but it's heavy, have a lousy keyboard and not too easy way to upgrade RAM and storage media. Now VAIO have discontinued it and never gave us the attention we deserved. Not only we paid a premium price but we thrust on VAIO to give us a machine that we could have proud for owning it.

VAIO... shame on you! :eek:

9. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...Now VAIO have discontinued it and never gave us the attention we deserved...VAIO... shame on you!..>>

...I certainly agree, and have told VAIO the same thing.

Time will tell, but it appears that HP might be giving users the support that they deserve on the ZBook X2. It will be interesting to see if they update the X2 later this year with the new Intel (or dare I dream the AMD Ryzen?) processors...