Pen Calibration Trick

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by smslocum, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Can't look at this at the moment but I remember that there was lots of data...like every point have been write down there.

Btw. I was trying to export\import registry after installing wacoms drivers - without any results. Also I was trying to find out what files or lines in Registry use wacom calibration or any wacom process....also without any results. Still don't know where stored is wacom calibration data and how find\open\modify that data.

2. KiyoshiAphelion

KiyoshiAphelion Pen Pal - Newbie

Any progress in getting the combination of perfect calibration AND the Wacom/drivers/pen buttons enabled? Or should I go post at that Wacom thread again?

3. kurt_hectic

I was emailing with some guy from wacom, the info. I got: "The Wacom calibration is not capable of more than a four point calibration."

I'm very pleased with combination: trick+sketchbook pro\artrage, so I do not care so much...

4. smslocum

smslocum Earnest Pilgrim

Anyone have any idea how drivers get written? -In what language?

5. kiro90

kiro90 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I have tried the methods described above, but still can't seem to get a "perfect" calibration for my slate. The most right 0.3-0.5 cm of the screen is especially inaccurate in registering my calibration. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

6. kurt_hectic

uninstall wacom drivers, clean registry: type "regedit" in "win+r", then search and delete linearity data, then do the trick and should work.

7. kurt_hectic

According to this: Your Tablet PC and Drivers, [UPDATE] by `fox-orian on deviantART

I was wondering if anyone of you is able to block somehow "windows mode" for all the time, no matter "where we are" and what soft we are using. On desktop, in software, non stop "windows mode".
    Why? Because it works with perfect calibration and have levels of pen pressure.

Imagine: when we are on desktop we are on "windows mode" and when we click on photoshop it switch to the "wacom mode" - so there is some kind of switcher. In registry?

If we could lock the windows mode (with perfect calibration) in the registry maybe we will be able to paint with pen pressue and perfect calibration in programs such as Photoshop or Sketch book pro designer (They require wacom drivers).

8. Johnno

Johnno Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there. I own a Samsung 7 Slate and have the same issue with cursor calibration. I can't calibrate it correctly with wacom regardless of what I do, so i looked into this fix. It seems great, however I uninstalled all of my wacom drivers, and the pen pressure for sketchbookpro is really bad. It goes from 0 opacity to 100 with light pressure, and i cant seem to change it. I invesigated and it's most likely due to windows default pen pressure settings that are unchangeable. I tried fiddling with sensitivity and opacity settings in SBP and still got nothing.

I'm just wondering does anyone else have a similar issue with their SKP, and how did u fix it? Thanks!

Oh, and in relation to the post above me, I found a glitch once where my tablet pc lagged, and therefore it used the windows calibration and cursor for a few seconds before reverting to the wacom one, so Kurt you're correct there must be a switcher of some kind, and technically it could be disabled. Thats all i know though lol

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  9. kurt_hectic

If you uninstall wacom drivers you shouldn't have "wacom mode"....and everything should works fine. But ... only in sketchbook pro (and artrage), not sketchbook designer! This second one, like photoshop, zbrush and others require drivers...

10. Zixinus

Zixinus Pen Pal - Newbie

I am sorry if this is an old thread, but I am having trouble utilizing this trick.

I tried using this command line:
    tabcal lincal novalidate XGridPts=16,60,165,258,640,922,1115,1220,1264,1275 YGridPts=5,12,39,105,225,400,575,695,761,788

As well as the one in the first post. However, after I copy-paste it in and give a "yes" to advanced calibration tool-thingy, it then tells me "invalid grid points" and closes. I am running on an X220i with 1366x768. May that be the problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.