Pen Calibration Trick

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by smslocum, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

now I have almost perfect calibration, should I reinstalled Wacom driver?
    To draw I mainly use Artrage, like it simple ui!
    :thumbsup:

2. kurt_hectic

kurt_hectic Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,

Is it possible to export\import this calibration? maybe some entries from registry editor?

3. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi kurt_hectic,

I don'thave my tablet around to verify but I believe that in Win 7 (I don't know about Win 8) the calibration data for the normal 4-point calibration is stored here in the Windows registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TabletPC\UserLinearityData

If yours is also stored there, you should be able to just copy the string of numbers for that entry if you want to export your calibration data.

4. johnh

johnh Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine just says (value not set) here. There IS data in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TabletPC\LinearityData,
    which changes after running tabcal. I'm not sure why you'd want to export this because it's presumably machine-specific and can drift over time. I find need to refresh the calibration from time to time.

5. porongo

porongo Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there anyone using Win 8.1 who tried to run Calibration trick with success? I mean, I´ve got pen calibrated after running the coordinates, but touch goes bananas after that...

6. Bubble7

Bubble7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you install Wacom drivers after that tricks?
    I found that tricks works well, but not after re-installed the Wacom driver!!

7. Chris_Brandt

Chris_Brandt Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you from 2016 for this post! I wish I'd looked this info up years ago. So much wasted effort with poor calibration...but things are looking up for the future. Thanks!!!!!