Pdf viewer that can do [list of features]

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by meditans, Jul 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meditans

meditans Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I recently bougth an Asus ea800, and searching for ways to hack it I stumbled upon this wonderful forum. I'm impressed by the quality of user-generated content, and I'm trying to read as much informations as I can. Browsing through the pdf-viever threads, however, I didn't find the answer of this question: Do you know a pdf viewer with which you can:

1) Underline in digital mode; by this I mean not with the highlighter, which offers, at times, a trembling stroke, but similar to the one you get when searching a word in the dictionary. This underline ougth to be:

2) Persistent: among the various zoom levels, and vertical/horizontal orientation. I'd like also to be able to underline when in horizontal mode.

3) Search text

4) Features a faster page-turning that the one pre-installed

5) Make text-selections and copy it in a memo

6) Make image-selection and copy it in a note. I drew the last two requirement from a post, I include them for completeness.

7) Fast note integration: I mean, something like a button that switches beetween the current pdf view and a note in which I'm taking notes. This is much asking, I know, but it's sweet to dream ;)

This requirements are, roughly, in order of importance. So, do you know any pdf viever that features some or all of those, and could be installed on our eNote?

2. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

There is no such software yet
    Our much appreciated D.Goryachev has recently ported a qtPDF reader which seem to be better that the stock one but
    as per his comments there are slim chances that it will ever have Annotations added as function. In other words it is Read Only.

I am looking for the same thing as you are

3. meditans

meditans Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, thanks for the reply.
    Is this a problem of the existence of software (id est: we don't have a software that does that under linux), or a problem of portability?
    In the second case, could someone explain what the problem is?

4. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd say we could go for Xournal, which is a great software, but uses GTK as its graphical-backend. The EA800 uses framebuffers driven by Qt. That's one problem of portability for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.