Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTwo

TheTwo Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi d.goryachev,

for PDFAM I'm using a TCP connection to the eeeNote and download the folder corresponding to the pdf file. This is named based on the database:
    <name of pdf>_<book number in database>

For selecting the right png for the right page I'm using the remark file located in the same folder. "path" is the name of the PDF, "text" is the page of the pdf and "zoom" is the zoom factor the annotations have been made.

The "bookmark" file contains the information about the comment bubbles. Here the internal app does not work well. If you have zoomed in the pdf, the coordinates x and y correspond only to the screen position and not to the position in the pdf.

TheTwo

2. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry again, it could be nice if we had the sources.

Etienne

3. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

0.1.5 with initial drawing support. It's really initial realization and probably will be changed. It's works but lags heavily.

[​IMG]

Sources here

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

And now it is time to rid of buttons "Go to the start" and "Go to the end":p

I must say that dictionary works great (in rotated mode is even better:))! Thanks a lot!

I am going to try you new amazing feature now!

5. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow! It is amazing! I love brush tool! This is nice work like always, D. Goryachev!

I have some feedback if you would like to hear it:
    1) Is it possible to make brush pen with constant darkness, without increasing darkness then drawing at the same place? And I think it is better to make it 2 times darker than now.
    2) I think it is more useful to collapse rotation buttons (rotate screen and 2 rotate page) into one instead of scale buttons. Because during the reading one book I use rotation only once or twice while use change scale more often.
    3) Is it possible to place cash button in the end right before exit buttons? I exit the reader instead of opening the dictionary sometimes:(
    4) I think pressing "Pen" or "Brush" from the tool list should activate drawing mode. Now drawing mode can be activated only by pressing whole drawing button (not list).

Sorry for long post:rolleyes:

6. d.goryachev

Sounds reasonable :) I'll definitely implement it all, may be excepting 1) - not sure that it an easy task (but may be it can be done by switching CompositionMode)

If i could find, why this drawing functions so laggy on eee-note .. while on pc and in native reader they working perfectly.

P.S.

Probably, i'd solved freehand drawing issues. Fixed version is coming.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  7. chris-lawrence

chris-lawrence Pen Pal - Newbie

If, when saving a selected part as an image, it'd be cool to have it append the page number to the end of the file name such as "book.0045.bmp" -- it'd be even cooler if multiple images of the same page when incremented as well: "book.0045.03.bmp".

Thanks for your work!

Chris

8. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent work! I will give it a try as soon as I get back home.
    Now I am happy I did not sell my device!

Thanks D. Goryachev
    PF

9. meditans

meditans Pen Pal - Newbie

First of all, I would say thanks for the amazing work you're doing.
    Should you want some feedback, these are my thoughts:

1) On toolbar buttons:
    .1) it's difficult to click on the little buttons which open the menus for zoom. I'd like better two separate Zoom in / Zoom Out button on the toolbar, and no Zoom 1:1

.2) the first page/last page buttons are, imho, useless. Moreover, they are perilously close to the prev page/next page ones. I'd like to see them dead

.3) in my opinion, the close program button is rarely useful. I'd prefer, instead, the equivalent of the home button on the touchpad, so that when I re-open the reader it resumes where I left it.​

2) On reopening the page at the same position:
    Say i'm reading a book in landscape mode, then I switch to notes for a while, and then, click home on notes app, and MuViewer again. I'd like the page to be displayed in landscape mode, at the position I left. What happens now is that, when I re-enter muViewer, It displays the same page, but with a vertical orientation, and not "fullscreen" (below, there is the system menu, which I can partially browse: see the picture attached). So I have to push the "landscape" button twice: the first restores it to vertical fullscreen and the second switches to landscape mode. ​

3) On underlining.
    I see you're making progress with handwritten annotations, this makes me happy. However, my best dream is to see implemented a system which has the "quality" of analogic marking (for example, a steady, horizontal trait), a zoom-invariance property, and which works on both pdf which have an ocr-layer and those who don't. I was thinking about a simple method of obtaining this end, and I'd like to share my thoughts to hear your opinion.

So, here's the system: you register the input, which is a roughly horizontal line from, say, (x[SUB]0[/SUB], y[SUB]0[/SUB]) to (x[SUB]1[/SUB], y[SUB]1[/SUB]). From this, you extract the horizontal segment (x[SUB]0[/SUB],y[SUB]0[/SUB]) -> (x[SUB]1[/SUB], y[SUB]0[/SUB]) and then the rectangle which has as left high corner (x[SUB]0[/SUB], y[SUB]0[/SUB]+h/2) and as low right corner (x[SUB]1[/SUB], y[SUB]1[/SUB]-h/2), where h, the heigth of the trait, is specified through an interface (to let you have a uniform height, but also the capacity to highlight formulas or bigger text when you want it).
    This highlighting system is easily conserved through zoom, with simple affinities of the basic coordinates of the mark (x[SUB]0[/SUB], y[SUB]0[/SUB], x[SUB]1[/SUB], h), and bypasses the problem of extracting the text layer of the pdf.

I'd like to hear your opinion regarding where do the difficulties in implementing this system lie.​

Attached Files:

10. d.goryachev

I've updated muviewer to next version, with improved freehand drawing abilities. It's still far from ideal, but better then initial realization. Development is slowed for about a week, because my parents visited us :)

P.S. zoom combo is editable :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.