Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

New version again, 0.1.3 in QtPacker :)

Removed GIF support - as appeared, photo album app (used by note taking app) can handle png, jpg and bmp images if they are indexed in database.

Improved image indexing - now photo album app (if runned) is notified about new image. Now you shouldn't run "Scan SD card" task from statusbar.

I would recommend to backup /eTablet/etc/db/photodata.db file, but don't think that there will be a problems with it.

Added button to call dictionary app, second from right side, in toolbar. It's starts as popup with word "a" as search condition - there are no textual layer (yet?).

Extended recent viewed file list.

Updated something .. other, can't remember details again :)

2 resuS:

Yes, arrow toolbar buttons works .. strange. I didn't choosed how they should work propertly :) As sensor arrows or in some other way ..

Yes, i can copy image into memory, same manner as djview4 doing it. But for what? Is any app can use it? I don't know. (note taking app can use clipboard, but i dunno, how to handle it. but it would be handy, yes)

What next .. dunno. Bugfixing and .. something other. Most probably that i'll add image export to djview4. Additionally, can build new coolreader3 and try to add dictionary here. If anyone interested in :)

2. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

As I understand you said (some time before) that problem with clipboard in note app and copying images into memory from djview4 was in using by djvu4 png format instead of gif. And if you can now copy gif into memory you can paste it in note app in ordinary way by using paste button (pressing Edit/Paste instead of Paste imgs from photo pholder). Do I understand it rightly?
    If so and you know how to copy gif into memory: this is the solution.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  3. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

I love all those small but significant improvements and releasing it immediately!

It might not be the perfect solution for copy / pasting (selecting an area is a bit slow) but it works! The thumbnails are very nice too and don't seem to slow down reading pdfs.*
    Wouldn't it be better to open a page by clicking on the thumbnails once instead of double click? Double clicking is a bit of a hit and miss thing..

Do whatever you enjoy doing most, but my pick would be QSimpleSheet

That said, I appreciate every minute you spend on any project on the eeenote and improving its functionality. :)

4. d.goryachev

2resuS:

Looks like I put it wrong - I've thought that native photo application can read only gif images (actually, they need proper database entry). In case of copy/paste function in note editor is no questions about formats - there are only two choices - QPixmap and QImage. Unfortunately, looks like our chinese brothers made they own bicycle, without using QClipboard. At least I couldn't manage to read something from any variant of system clipboard, even if note editor enables "Paste" option from toolbar. In case of using muViewer or djView there are no problems with QClipboard reading.

2T_B :

1) I'll try :)
    2) I've built it in local pc and .. found almos useless, because it can open and save only their own file format. Even csv can't be opened :( Additionally, there was strange error while linking for eee note, I've didn't search for source of error :) May be later ..

2All:

0.1.4 - hotfix for (possible) wrong main widget sizing

5. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

I understand nothing:confused:
    Is it possible to use copy/paste in the note app with an external data (for example with a fragment of the muViewer screen) or is it useful only inside the note app?

P.S. I am really interested in dictionary implementation in muViewer. With that it will be finished (except the absence of the highlighting function, but I know that it can be hard to make it real)!

6. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Thx for looking into it. I just installed it too on my desktop. I can still see some possible use for not too complex calculations on the eeenote itself but the fact that you can not use xls files or convert the files to xls makes it less useful.
    Too bad :( I agree that it is probably not worth too much of your time.

7. d.goryachev

Exactly.

Now you can call dictionary from reader. Context translation impossible due to absence of text layer. May be later .. I Can't see a way to improve dictionary integration right now.

:(

8. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

d.goryachev

If you have time to spend please have a second look at the option to annotate docs.
    Only one function would be enough: underline text (vector mode not scribbling).
    That should be possible by just changing the font formatting for the selected text, no graphic libraries involved.
    Highlighting text might also work the same way (background change for the selected text, I guess)

One of the two will do it, both is more than I can dream :)

Thanks for all you are doing for us
    PF

9. d.goryachev

I'm trying now to understand, how this features works for native reader :) Still no progress, but i think that there shouldn't be any changes inside pdf file - as far as i know decompiling of pdf is not so trivial thing to make it on the fly. Most possibly, native reader (along with muViewer) makes images from pdf, one image per page. Textual information should be placed in overlay layer, to enable text selection and translation.

So, most straightforward way to enable annotations - to add new overlay layer which will keep any freehand drawing as image with transparent background. Ideally, it should be compatible with other software, like pdf annotation merger :) I couldn't say now, if its possible, but will try to solve this.

I was thought about fetching textual data, to enable search and may be, context translation with dictionary, too.

P.S. I've found where native reader keeps freehand drawing. It's really just png files with transparent background. Will try to implement such constriction .. ideally, it should be shared with native reader app.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

It could be nice if we could have the sources (with git). It's not that I'm a good programmer, but just to take a look inside and trying to help.

Etienne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.