Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Great, I see what you mean and how we can get it working. Just use the toggle landscape icon first then rotate and then use the page / up down buttons.
    Not a big deal and a pretty easy workaround. Thanks!

BTW I didn't use the landscape switcher at all. Just rotate, zoom and clear outline.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I wish to believe that bug with sensor arrows was fixed :) Added limitations: now landscape mode can be turned on only if document is not rotated currently. Rotations itself limited to -90, 0 and 90 degrees.

3. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, works fine :) Great job, thx.

4. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, D. Goryachev. Nice work, like always!
    I have small suggestions concerning usability:
    1) It would be nice to merge open and open recetly buttons into one with arrow list
    2) I have never used to begin and to end arrows. Those actions is rare in use and page list perfomes them.

Sorry for so many requests, but is it possible to implement dictionary functions into the muReader similar to functinalities of native reader?

P.S. As for physics and returning to main field: dont forget about us. We need your skill of programming for eeenote:)
    Of cause I am joking. Why have you given up with you research?

5. d.goryachev

There are new version, now with thumbnails :)

[​IMG]

I've tested it, but nevertheless it can still be unstable, too many code was added.

Additionally, was merged open and open recent buttons, as requested :) Buttons "go to first" and "go to last" not too useful while page combo, outline and thumbnails docks exists, but still there are some free space on toolbar, so i've left em. They are handy to jump to table of contents in scanned books :)

What about dictionary .. as far as i remember, there was a problem with rinning it from non-asus applications. For some unknown reasons it didn't runs, so it should be pre-launched from standart launcher to use in third-party programs. Moreover, textual layer required, to use it with pdf. I think i could fetch it, but dunno how to overlay to already rendered image. Thought to play with textual search first :)

Now in plans is code refactoring, saving GUI state between sessions and .. may be textual search or context dictionary (or may be saving part of screen to file, to gif, hopefully) :)

6. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have wi-fi nearby to try new version:( This is the double upsetting situation because I will be in train for 2 days soon and whole time are going to read via this reader, without new version:(

Thanks a lot for fast responce! As for dictionary is it possible to place button which allows to run the dictionary app? Now for translating words I have to swith off Reader and open dictionary by hand and for returning to do the same thing. It would be better to have a button to run dictionary On the one hand it is faster. On the other hand for returning in this case it will be enough to press "back" button in dic app. I think it is fastest easier and very necessery solution for the first time for me it would be enough).
    Also I would be glat to see button for starting note app:) Even without saving part of screen to gif (it is my dream) it is very usefull for working with texts.

About "go to first" and "go to last" - I mentioned this because sometimes I misclicking on them and it becomes painfull to search the place where I stopped.

Yeah! It would be better to save current state during the open new file (changing books). Not only in the finishing the program.

P.S. Russia is land of opportunities! D. Goryachev, you are the good example of this:)

7. pbarrette

pbarrette Scribbler - Standard Member

Hi d.goryachev,

For the dictionary, you can use QCop messages to get the dictionary pop-up. See here:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/asus-eee-line/43943-eee-note-development-qcop-messaging.html

Specifically, something like this:
    PHP:
    QByteArray optiondata;
    QDataStream out(&optiondataQIODevice::WriteOnly);
    out << "-popup -x 271 -y 303 -w 23 -h 35 MyWord";
    QCopChannel::send("dictionary""popup"optiondata);
    Where "MyWord" is the word to lookup in the dictionary.

You'll also want to do a check to see if the dictionary is running:
    PHP:
    if (QCopChannel::isRegistered("dictionary")) {

//The dictionary app is running, so we can send messages to it.
    }
    I think you can also launch the dictionary either with command line options or through a QCop to [eeeserver] if it is not already running, but I don't remember how it's done.

pb

8. d.goryachev

Thanks, pb, i'll try again :) I've tried to use this dictionary with fbreader but failed, may be this time ...

P.S.

I fear to be wrong, but looks like i've got some success in saving images to gif format, at least on local pc. If i'll manage to compile giflib for eee note, it will give us ability to save part of screen to picture, which can be used in note taking app. It can be handy for muviewer and djview4.

9. d.goryachev

Again and again, new version, 0.1.2

Code refactored, added selection tool which allows to save part of screen to image library (this images MUST be saved to GIF format and to /eTablet/var/photos directory). In this case an entry to photo app should be added automatically. If no - just run "Scan sd card" from statusbar, or save to already existing file. In my case auto-adding is working, but it should be tested. Selection tool button marked as "1" on screen.

Added button to call native note editor application, it's marked as "2" on screen.

Some bugs fixed .. but I've forgot details :(

So it goes :)

[​IMG]

10. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Nice work, again!
    I was without Wi-Fi for one week and it was very painful to read that you are improving the muViewer and I can't download it. One week expires and you have done so many things! It works much more stable and fast, I think!
    About button for opening note app - you re reading my mind. It would be nice to add the same button for opening Dictionary app. Could you do it, please, I miss this button so much.
    I tried new feature with selecting part of the image. It looks similar to grabbing the screen but with choosing the object before copying instead of the before pasting in note app. Is it possible to copy part of the screen into buffer without saving this on the sdcard?

P.S. I noticed that then I am pressing "Previous page" button by stylus previous page loads from the end of the page. If I press this again previous previous page appears but again only last part of it. I think it is a bug, not a feature:) Touch buttons are working correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.