Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Strange. In portrait it works fine and in landscape pushing page down results in skipping half of the page and directly entering the next page. I am using zoom level 150.
    Could it be something in the firmware? I have another eee-note. Will install it on that one tomorrow and see if it works differently.

2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm in doubt, that it may be concerned with firmware. May be you will send me again pdf which leads to such behaviour and i will try to reproduce your situation? Zoom level should help, actually. It may be related with current scrollbars state detection routine.

3. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I am finding that in landscape mode if you manually scroll away from the top of the page, and then use page down arrow, that new pages are opened with the same offset you scrolled to manually. This is a different behaviour to portrait mode, where new pages always open at the top of the page.

In other words, if you manually scroll to the bottom of the page, then press page down, new pages will open at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps to diagnose the problem :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. d.goryachev

Just to be sure: you using latest version from qtpacker? On startup it should write to status bar "muViewer 0.0.9".

Still can't reproduce - in both orientations, even if page scrolled or dragged to custom position - sensor arrows works as described ..

Now trying to implement thumbnails sidebar, but to slowed due to lack of time :(

5. T_B

I am indeed using the latest version 0.0.9 and my eeenote acts the same as BlacKnight described. Can we help you find a solution?

Take as much time as you like for implementing anything, the reader is already the best pdf reader on the eenote. Everything else is basically nice to have :)

6. d.goryachev

In my opinion, to find this bug needs two things: pdf file in which it appears and an error page screenshot (I need to see the state of all the buttons and the zoom value). Hope, this will help to reproduce it. :)

7. BlacKnight

BlacKnight Scribbler - Standard Member

I have v0.0.9 from qtPacker. But now I'm not sure if that was the version I tested last, because now the behaviour has changed :confused:

Now the hardware arrows always jump exactly a whole page, so pressing page down always jumps into the next page even if it wasn't at the bottom of the previous page.

I have also noticed that if I rotate the menu, so that the menu and document are both landscape, then the next/previous hardware arrows work normally - the same as in portrait mode. So the problem only shows if the document is in landscape while the menu is in portrait.

So far all the test I have done are at 150% zoom. I have now uninstalled and reinstalled muViewer 0.0.9, but it still behaves the same.

8. T_B

All my PDFs are affected (I tested 10 or so..) and I am using 150% zoom as well. I am also removing outline.
    Then I am turning the page and press the buttons and it turns a full page.
    The PDFs I tested were PDFs with only text, only gifs (comics) and combined (magazines). I am uploading one of the pdfs, will PM you the link.

Not sure if pictures will help but I will send you one, I can also try to capture it on video so you can see the steps I am doing.

9. T_B

I have just sent two movies (PM), one of my settings and one of me using the page up/down button. If you need some more T_B in action let me know ;)

BTW sorry about the bad quality, it is made with a cheap camera and bad light conditions but I think the information you need was visible. If not I can make a new video.

10. d.goryachev

Looks like I've understood. Document was rotated in clockwise direction, by 90 degrees, right (I mean whole document, by rotation toolbar buttons with big circular arrows to right and left, between page combo and landscape mode switcher)? In this case sensor arrows behave in wrong way, indeed. I would have to take into account the angle of rotation. I'll try to fix it as soon as it possible :) Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.