Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I've researched weak magnetic effects and pattern of magnetic field in thin near-surface layers, in dependence of local surface features - such as local depressions and so on. Later was involved in studying of inner structure of membranes, made from so-called polymeric glasses (it was a large-scale international fraud, if to call a spade a spade). And last few years I'm not employed by main speciality, but trying to stay tuned - there are so many interesting books .. "Introduction to Solid State Physic" by Charles Kittel and so on ...

What related with your task - it's hard to give advice right now. Possibly, i would try to estimate activation energy of desorption to compare it with possible external influence, such as energy of thermal vibrations of the crystal lattice. However, I think you yourself thought of this before.

Wrote this .. and thought that i should return to original field of activity :)

2. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys

Where do I find this application? I want to try it.?
    I see that d.goryachev made this work in landscape mode! Thank you !!!!
    I am using my eeeNote for taking notes and doing some reading. I use to annotate my pdf, more precisely I like to underline, circle, or use a rectanlge to mark the important paragraphs in my pdfs
    Are these functions available in this viewer?

thanks
    PF

3. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

QtPacker - see reply BlacKnight
    I have no idea.
    No annotations, it is a viewer/reader only. A pretty good one though, I am very pleased with it.

4. T_B

I think you already mentioned autoresume, that would be nice. Especially when you also can capture the zoom level etc..
    Full screen would be nice to have, but I agree the current borders are not very big so if nobody else agrees don't bother.

I like the idea but I prefer pressing only 1 button though and don't use the stylus. Turn it to landscape and then press until you reach the end of the page (usually twice) and then press the same button again to enter a new page. I would gladly sacrifice one of the zoom buttons for that.
    I set the zoom level and then start reading. For technical documents where you need to scroll and search a lot I can understand you are using the stylus more. For regular reading the 1 button method seems to be more convenient to me.

5. d.goryachev

About auto-resume - now viewer keeps state of all opened files (page and zoom level as far as i can remember). I can force it to open latest file, but it will slow down loading process. I've thought that list of last opened files is handy to daily use (may be it worth to make it longer?).

If i'll not succeed with continuous mode, I can propose such touch bar arrows behaviour - it will scroll up/down (like pageUp/pageDown keys on PC keyboard) if there are free space in current page and will switch page if we are reached top/bottom of page. It should be not too hard to implement :)

6. T_B

You are right, I didn't use the quit button. Using the quit button probably saves the zoom level (I also upgraded to 8). It doesn't remember the outline setting though.
    It probably depends on how many books you read if you like the autoresume and open last file. If you swich a lot you might not like it.
    List of last opened files is really handy, doesn't have to be longer for me because I usually read one book at a time :)

Yes, it would be very nice if you could implement that.

7. d.goryachev

I've updated viewer to force it behave as described earlier, touch panel arrows works as pageUp/pageDown if scrollbars currently not in minimum/maximum or turns page if you at top/bottom of page :)

8. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Then this is not for me.
    I need annotations.

Thanks
    PF

9. T_B

Great, thx. Seems not to work as expected when you read in landscape and using the up/down button. New pages start at the bottom of the page instead of the top.
    In portrait it works fine..

10. d.goryachev

Can't reproduce it, tried both landscape and portrait modes. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.