Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

Thank you, guys, i'll test this files. Current gui realization is not final, I was needed a suitable viewer as fast as it was possible and some features was realized by quick, but dirty way. Document dragging, for example - suddenly i've noticed that document can be zoomed in, but scrollbars dragging not too handy. Another example is rotation buttons - this was not planned, but become needed in second or third viewed file :)

Now I wish to (try to) re-write some most ugly functions. Of course, success is not guaranteed, in the main, due to hardware limitations (on PC dragging and zooming works fast and smoothly) but it worth to try :)

Surely, i'll try to realize all wishes, but can't say when.

Thank for feedbacks :)

2. d.goryachev

Seems, i've managed to solve dragging issue, new version is available in QtPacker. But complex document rendering still slow, and I see no way to change it into GUI. (Looks like native reader pre-renders next page, to make fast switching. I can try to do same :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

any chance to add annotations to this? (mainly underlining and free hand marking)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  4. d.goryachev

May be .. not in nearest future, but may be.

BTW, there are some progress with pre-caching of next page - it's takes some time (in background mode, you can freely drag current page), but after process completes next page (or previous) displays nearly instant. But it's too unstable yet :(

5. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Seems you are making great progress. The cpu of the eeenote is not a powerhouse, so that may be the limiting factor regarding speed. Pre-caching without disturbing the reading/dragging of the current page would be a nice feature.
    I think I had some succes with an android application reading magazine PDFs on my G1 528 Mhz phone so maybe it is possible to have better performance on our 624MHz tablet....

Would it possible to overclock the eeenote, temporary when you need the extra speed?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  6. d.goryachev

Overclocking should lead to higher power consumption as far as i can understand. Moreover, I still hope to solve performance issues by using threads with different priority levels. Last experiments in this directions looks promising :)

7. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

And I think the ability to turn to next page before reaching pre-caching is necessarily. This thing in native reader is so annoying: then I know that I must turn 3 pages I have to wait until reader loads every of them.

8. d.goryachev

For this reason i've made combo with page numbers :) And hope to add table of contents and page thumbnails list.

9. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah! Page thumbnails list as in note taking app is cool thing!

10. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this viewer work in landscape mode?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.