Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

It is a problem, yeah. But annotation brush works so perfectly and because it is more useful thing for reading science articles I am so happy about it.
    My conference is over and muViewer was the excellent thing to make it better. I have seen as other people have to bring every day abstract book (~1kg), program of the conference, notepads, list of authors and many other things... and I was only with me eeenote which collect all this stuff inside. And I could annotate and erase all I want and take notes and so on. This was cool!

2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

To be true, i still not choosed a way to handle zoom levels for freehand drawing. Native reader keeps separate images for each zoom level, i.e. if zoom level changed you have empty page to draw. In case of muviewer .. there are too many zoom levels. I fear that finding of your drawing can be hard task, from 20% to 400% with 1% step ...so i choosed another approach, to keep 100% zoom picture and to scale it. As downside i've got loosing of image quality while zooming up and down, especially to extreme values. Still have no idea what is better - to have a lot of pictures per page or one but scaled.

So i see no problems with drawing a line, rectangle, filled rectangle, polyline .. but some basic question should be solved first.

Heh, I've planned to play with textual layer and fulltext search in document ..

3. d.goryachev

p.s may be it worth to experiment with vector-based graphics, i.e. to save only lines (straight and poly), rectangles. from one hand it give acceptable freehand quality for all zoom levels, from other - will make hard or impossible writing by hand (may be add text typing from virtual keyboard? but it will require at least font size choosing). No easy way :(

4. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I was thinking too about how to save annotations because I understood that you are saving them in the 100% zoomed img file and in 200% zoom it looks not so good. Maybe it is reasonable to keep annotations in the big 400% zoomed image. It should looks pretty at the all zoom below 400. What do you think about it?

Native reader scheme is not acceptable. I hope you agree with me that it is annoying then you annotate document in 200% zoom and can not use 100% zoom for searching annotations because they are dissappears.

If handwriting is not allowed in vector-based mode - it is sucks. Everyone want write by hand... for typing I have computer with normal keyboard and fast typing.

P.S. Some feedback without connection with annotations:
    Could you save "last viewed docs" after open new one(now it saves only after closing application). Because sometimes I forgot to close app and switch off my eeenote.After this then I open muViewer again I don't see opened files at the previous session in "last viewed docs".

5. d.goryachev

Hm .. yes, I can do it. Or can handle eee-note signals concerned with shutdown, to save all data - currently opened page, gui geometry and so on.

I thought about saving freehand layer to compromise zoom level like 200% - larger file size will lead to slower application feedback, which far from ideal even now. From one hand such approach can cure most ugly effects of resizing, but from other hand it will require a lot of calculations, dunno if eee-note could do it smoothly. But will try.

6. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

It would be great to save all after every opening.

I must add that I am reading all my books (more that 20 I have opened in muViewer) in ~150-200% zoom. That is why current 100% save mode is not good for me. I think 200% can help and it worth to try this.

7. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey, guys ! Are there any news? It becomes my habit to check posts here everyday and now there is nothing.:confused:

8. d.goryachev

I've almost finished new freehand drawing realization - it's significantly faster and smoother compared with old one (but seems little slower than native), can be zoomed and rotated without loosing quality, even antialiasing is supported and worked. Added new drawing tool - rectangle which can be filled or empty (only borders in this case), or you can clear selected area. Now I going to debug it and implement some minor features. I think next release can be uploaded tomorrow or in a day after tomorrow.

This freehand realization, probably can be considered as stable and unlikely will be changed. But nevertheless i wouldn't recommend to keep anything vital in this freehand notes.

9. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Great news! Will it be compatible with old annotations?

10. d.goryachev

Generally, yes but old pictures can be improperly resized and shifted relative to background.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.