Pdf viewer in qt?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by etienne, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

I think parents have a bad influence on you:) I must say the new version for the first glance looks better, but now I am sorry about installing this because it don't show any marks on the page before I start painting new mark. It is very irritating. I am at the conference and I marked a lot yesterday in the abstract book of the conf. Now for finding something I have to mark every page again and again and it became hell...
    D. Goryachev please tell me how to return to the 0.1.5 version. I was as happy as a child while using that and now:)

2. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Although I am still looking for a easier way to update the firmware on my eeeNote I just tested this application and I must admit that
    now I am split between reading on eeeNote and reading on my M92.
    At least I would be able to read and annotate docs while I am at work.

@resuS: I am still at work, I will try to update to the new version tonight.
    Before I do that can you please clarify in what sense the new version in better and what happened to your annotations?
    I understand that you have a document that you annotated a few days ago and now with the new verion your annotations dissapearred. Is that correct?
    Are you able to see them on the PC?

thanks
    PF

3. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

I think I write it not so clear as I though. I have a problem with all new and old annotations. They can disappear spontaneously after turning page. But they appears only after I start new annotation. It means that:
    I reopen the page with annotations (which I did few sec ago) I will see only internal pdf. But then I start drawing all annotations appear!
    I must say that 0.1.5 version is more stable but slightly slower. I was happy with it. Oh God, why I updated it:))
    [[​IMG]]

4. PF4Tablet

Small suggestion for D.Goryachev: It would be great if the PDF viewers had memory in the sense that it would open the last document at the exact the same page where it was when you closed the reader.

5. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

added v 0.1.5 to feed. You should backup /eTablet/Settings/muviewer directory to keep your old settings, drawings, last opened files and so on. Remove 0.1.6 and install 0.1.5

6. PF4Tablet

I have tried version 0.1.6., not bad.
    I can confirm the bug with disappearing scribbles. They appear back as soon as you scribble something on that page

The speed is decent, precision is also decent.
    How do I export the scribbles to PC (or merge them if they are separated)
    Am I supposed to use the PDF merger?

thanks
    PF

7. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I've uploaded hotfix v 0.1.7. Hope that freehand drawing issue is fixed. Additionally added page number to file name for image produced by selection tool.

No, now freehand drawing not compatible with pdf merger or native reader - it's experimental feature and probably will be changed (to get compability with merger or native reader, for example).

Probably more active development will be started in next week. I'm reading all posts, but have no time to write code :)

8. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

I know I'm bothering with that, but can you update the sources. Thank you :)

9. meditans

meditans Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent work, d.goryachev!! I'd like to submit a bug: handwritten annotation seems not to be saved when there is a zoom change: for example
    if I do an annotation and then turn a page, the annotation gets saved, if I do an annotation and change zoom level the annotation gets not saved.
    Same issue for rubber tool. But, for now, enjoy the time with your family! :)

10. PF4Tablet

D.Goryachev, you just gave this device a new life.
    Only if the lag for handwriting could be eliminated...
    As alternative, as another forum member suggested, drawing straight lines could work better.
    That and circles or rectangles...

Thanks
    PF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.