PDF in one note?

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by daghead, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamadar

Gamadar Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know if theres any way to import a PDF file into one note? Alot of the documents i have to deal with and take notes on are all in PDF format =(.

2. Daring

Daring Moderator

There is a print to OneNote printer driver which may solve your need. Not sure about the quality after the print and I don't believe the text is searchable.

Not sure how invested you are in OneNote, but after evaluating both I decided to go with GoBinder. The new version is quite nice and will allow import of PDF files or you can link to them depending on your needs.

Finally, there is a program called PDF Annotator that is very good for annotating PDFs.

3. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

you can set the quality of Print to OneNote to 600dpi if that helps.

but you should know, it will be a OneNote file and will be like a background image. you won't be able to manipulate it at all

4. Gamadar

Gamadar Pen Pal - Newbie

How would i 'print' a pdf to one note?

5. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

just go File Print. the Send to One Note shows up as a printer

6. vih

vih Pen Pal - Newbie

do i need to install anything? when i go to print, send to one note doesn't show up as an option. do you know why?

7. Frank

Frank Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

I would be VERY carefull about going with GoBinder. Agilix have droped all support for this product some time ago and it is highly unlikely that there will be any newer versions/patches/fixes. I too used it but switched to OneNote when after repeated calls for support, nothing came. They even removed the user to user forums. Buyer BEWARE.

Gordon

9. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh yes. OneNote should OCR the PDF if it is on Vista 32 bit but won't on 64 bit.

Gordon

10. daghead

daghead Guest

I have done this a few times because I didn't want to read using Adobe Reader, and OneNote could help me organize my library, however it takes a lot of time and is extremely tedious if you want to separate chapters by OneNote pages. It was really smart of all these eBook readers to make them work with PDFs. Anyway:

-I've found that the only easy way to print chapters one at a time is to shift-select the pages in the sidebar and print "selected pages".

-When you've imported the image files into the OneNote page that you want, select all of the images, and right click the image and turn on "make text in image searchable", and wait for them to be analyzed.

-Finally if you don't want to be accidentally selecting and highlighting the images all the time, select "set picture as background" from the context menu. You can still right click the image to reverse this effect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.