PDF files

Discussion in 'OneNote, Evernote and Organizers' started by archiwiz, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Acrobat 8 Pro works flawlessly for me. i have no lag whatsoever. do you have any other programs opened in the background? maybe they're slowing down the system a little

2. Anonymouse

Anonymouse A nondescript mouse

What tool do you use for marking up a document? I tried using the "pencil" tool ,but it just doesn't work unless I take about a second per letter, and I can't use the eraser, and it really just isn't practical. Also, if I try to dot my i's or cross my t's it just winds up selecting the word instead of making the mark. Is there an add-in I need to install to really use tablet functionality?

3. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have Acrobat 8.1 Pro and the pencil tool seems to work fine, although I'm using the mouse. I don't have problems dotting I's either. Maybe you have an older version or Acrobat.

4. Anonymouse

Nope, bought 8.0, it updated to 8.1. Maybe I have something set weird. So far the only way I've found to easily mark up PDF's is to print to One Note, but then I lose the pdf functionality & format.

5. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you using the wacom pen to write or the mouse? Does it do the same thing if you try with the mouse?

6. Anonymouse

I've been using the pen. I have no desire to use the mouse, but I do notice that when I use the mouse ( touch point) or use the passive digitizer it doesn't lag on me as much. I don't know if it is because I naturally have to write slower when using those methods, or if there is something causing the wacom to lag. If I write in cursive I notice the lag isn't nearly as bad, but I still have problems dotting i's and crossing t's. Basically anything that is a short stroke or dot. For example, when writing the word "this'' I can write "th" but then when I get to "i" I just end up selecting "th"

7. 123456

123456 Pen Pal - Newbie

Try the Wacom drivers (link)
    Here's a thread about it (link)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. daver

daver Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

so far, i've only got version 8.0 Professional (i didn't upgrade because i don't own a CD for the volume license, whatever it's called).

the only lag i get is the inital tablet stroke/movement, but that only lasts a few pixels. i don't know why this is, and i'm a little too lazy to figure out what's causing it. i've just gotten used to the habit of making a quick squiggle before i start inking the PDF. other than that, i'm crossing T's and dotting I's without any issues.

if it really bothers you, perhaps you should try re-installing Acrobat?

9. Anonymouse

Well, I tried installing that WACOM driver just to see if it would help, but I don't really notice a difference in anything.

One thing I notice when I'm writing is that it just doesn't recognize many of my strokes, and instead it "clicks" the screen there (I can see that little circle ripple that Vista does whenever you click), and no ink appears.

I attached a screenshot of what my ink looks like in Acrobat and what it looks like in the TIP when writing basically the same speed/pressure etc.

In Acrobat it is just really jerky because of the lag, and most of my little strokes (dots and crosses and short straight lines) just don't register.

Just to make sure I am using the correct tool, I am using the
    Tools->Comment & Markup->Pencil Tool

Attached Files:

10. HS77

HS77 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm, Anonymouse, I can't really help you because I don't have Acrobat 8, but I'm thinking maybe something might be wrong with the settings in your acrobat, to where it changes your clicks to write, into clicks for selections, every time you click. Sorry if that's kinda obvious and no help, but just in case it wasn't known . . .

Have you tried messing with the settings to figure out something?

Then again, it may actually be a bug in the update! Try doing a search or something, to see if anyone is having similar troubles!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.