PCSX2?? [On windows 8 tablet]

Discussion in 'The Tablet PC Life' started by Haseeb_BSAA, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys! :D how are you? I was wondering about this since a long time , no one asked before so I thought to post a topic. Guys if you have any experience about that then can you please tell me that if we run pcsx2 games on a 8 inch 1.8 GHz quad core processor with Atom bay trail processor , 1 gb ram and Intel HD graphics ( I am talking about Dell venue 8 pro) , will we be able to get some games playable at lowest settings??? I do not want games like shadow of colossus or God of war because I know they will never run at reasonable speed , so what about lowest demanding games with lowest settings + lowest resolution??
    I know we can get alot of games playable on Microsoft surface pro but what about this?
    Please help! Thank you guys , :)

Sent from my LG-E900 using Tapatalk

2. Bache

Bache Pen Pal - Newbie

I just gave it a whirl on my DV8P to get you some results and I have to say, I am very impressed. I've only tried Kingdom Hearts so far, but it's running pretty well. The cutscenes can get fairly choppy, but the gameplay has been between 55-60FPS - and I haven't even touched the speedhacks. All I've done is changed from Direct3D9 (Hardware) to Direct3D11 (Software), and enabled multi-core rendering. I'll post some screenshots in a moment.

Edit: Screenshots can be found here. I'm running at the native PS2 resolution, so it's not the greatest looking, but it's certainly playable.
    imgur: the simple image sharer

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Haseeb_BSAA

Oh thank you so much!!!!! LOOLS AMAZING! :D Yay!!
    Thank god , surprised that it can play PCSX2 at full speed without any speeshacks ! Thank you so much bro ! :D I am going to buy this tablet very soon and you helped me alot , :) Can you please checkout Tekken 5 if you have? Thanks again!
    And yes one more thing , doesnt setting game at low resolution gains you much speed than setting it on native?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. Bache

Bache Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't have Tekken 5 to test sorry, but I did read around the PCSX2 forums that Tekken 5 is hard to emulate even on the Surface Pro, so I think that might be out of the question. In regards to the resolution, the native PS2 resolution is 640x480, so I'm not sure you'd really want to lower it much, if it's even possible at all.

5. Haseeb_BSAA

oh! :eek: , I thought Tekken 5 is less demanding, anyway thank you for your response , do a video of pcsx2 on this tablet if you can please ! lol :D oh ok So i think 640x480 is good if its ps2's native resolution because I had a ps2 and I used it with my big screen TV and still the quality was good! I have read that Tekken 5 runs perfect on 2.6 ghz dual core processor , what do you think , is 1.8 ghz quad core processor faster than 2.6 ghz dual core?

6. squib

squib Pen Pal - Newbie

You'll probably find a higher compatibility rate with PPSSPP(for PSP games).

7. Haseeb_BSAA

I know but this thread is about running pcsx2 on windows 8 tablet , anyway thanks for your comment.

8. Just Yan

Just Yan Pen Pal - Newbie

Cam smb share settings for fast performance? I have HP Omni 10 (1400 (or 2400 mhz when needed), 2 gb ram), tried only MK Armageddon so far, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyy slow

Haseeb likes this.
  9. Haseeb

Haseeb Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Just Yan ,
    To get better performance ,
    enable all the speedhacks , set the resolution to native or even lower custom 480x500 if you can deal with it.
    Use DX3D9 , uncheck Anti-A
    Don't use frameskipping , don't use frame limiter.
    Use fastest audio type in audio configurations.
    And there you go!

Mortal Kombat games are the highest demanding games for PCSX2 , they run slower even on the fastest systems. You should try others.

Also try Dolphin 3.0 , it has so much great performance (emulates gamecube games) :)
    Best of luck!

Just Yan likes this.
  10. Just Yan

Just Yan Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanx, Haseeb, I`ll definetely try Dolphin. I just haven`t considered Nintendo`s as I don`t know what`s good or bad on its platform. I only have GameBoy among Nintendo`s:). However I`ve found some similar games which I like on my PS2. It seems PCSX won`t launch normally. I`ve exhausted free space on tablet`s hard drive, I`ll try soon again when I buy 10-th class micro SD HC card:rolleyes:

Haseeb likes this.