PCMCIA Card Options

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kenobi, Dec 12, 2005.

1. kingjimmi

kingjimmi Pen Pal - Newbie

Bluetooth uses the . . . bluetooth algorithm, hehe. It's a basic frequency-division multiplexing scheme that uses the ISM(Industrial, Science, and Medical) band at 2.45GHz split into 79 1MHz channels muxed at up to 1600 times a second.

2. Kenobi

Kenobi Pen Pal - Newbie

Bluetooth doesn't actually use an encryption algorithm like AES or Blowfish then? Because if they have universal plug and play devices for it like I know they do, then shouldn't it be easy to work from there? Yikes!

If I'm understanding correctly, couldn't somebody just feed your computer, "Yeah, I'm one of the zillions of bluetooth-enabled UPnP devices!" to set up a connection and just go wild from there? Or more likely, just as if it was an unencrypted WiFi signal, listen in on your bluetooth signal for personal information?

3. kingjimmi

kingjimmi Pen Pal - Newbie

kk, I think I see where your question is coming from. Bluetooth uses the E0 encryption algorithm to protect your data packets. But what I think you're more concerned with is the authentification stage which uses the SAFER+ algorithm to ensure a secure link.

Can a hacker send you a virus? Sure, but they'd have to be pretty darn knowledgeable. I know I couldn't do it.

4. Kenobi

Kenobi Pen Pal - Newbie

EO? I've never heard of it, which I guess is a good thing in a way, heh. I checked Wikipedia, and they didn't know either. I suppose I'll just have to resign to scratching my head then, heh.