Partly disable the touch screen?

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by Decatro, May 19, 2013.

1. Decatro

Decatro Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello once again!

I came across a very nifty youtube video that uses a nice script for the autohotkey software that
    we can find here on the forums.

[video=youtube;LTHbCNiUpK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTHbCNiUpK4[/video]

Notice how he turns off the touch for the art softwar, but it still able to use
    his hotkey toolbar, how exactly does he do this?

Are there ways to disable the touch driver for specific programs, or is it more of a screen
    region kind of thing?

I use paint tool sai on my ep121, unfortunetely the palm rejection is just terrible on it..

2. justin1230

justin1230 Pen Pal - Newbie

seems it can not function in windows 8

3. Decatro

Decatro Pen Pal - Newbie

I've actually got myself a nifty program called TGuard, which works faily well,works nicely with paint tool sai and photoshop. It turns out that the script is only for photoshop currently.

I've tried using many toolbars, from multitoolbar v2.0 to Paintdock (which I favors the most). Unfortunetely i noticed that photoshop (cs6) runs horribly on windows 8...so next issue to tackle *sigh*

4. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hi Decatro,

The script in the YouTube video has been discussed extensively on this forum:
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/44844-found-you-great-tool-your-ep121-must-see.html

The original script was developed here (this guy is the genius here!):
    RawInputControlTest.ahk

As great as they are (and they are great!), PaintDock and ArtDock are just customized versions of the script above.

I don't use Win8 on my EP121 but in other parts of this forum it seems like users of Win8 on other tablets have been able to use these scripts (ArtDock, PaintDock, etc.) successfully.

Reading your post again, I'm not sure what you are saying... seems like you are reporting two completely different problems:
    - Photoshop CS6 is bad on Win8 (with that, I can't help except maybe to suggest you try the latest driver (if you haven't done so already) as it seems with other tablets to have solved many Photoshop problems on Win8)
    - So doesn't the software above (or PaintDock or ArtDock) work in Sai? If not, you can maybe try to customize them to your own needs (see some instructions I posted in post #80 here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/44844-found-you-great-tool-your-ep121-must-see-8.html)

By the way, I know these scripts are very cool, but maybe you'll also be interested in the toolbars we've prepared for Photoshop and Sai (see the first post here for links to different toolbars):
    http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/software/47928-photoshop-toolbar.html

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. Decatro

Decatro Pen Pal - Newbie

Good day lblb!

Sorry if the posts are a bit messy but the short of it is that:
    - I had issues getting the toolbar's touch disable feature to work on Paint tool Sai specifically (it works fine for PS)
    (Aka, coping with poor palm rejection by disabling touch, but keeping the sweet functionality of the toolbars which you
    recommended just now)

- The second issue was just something i mentioned off topic but I'll consider installing the latest drivers when I'm in need of photoshop. I use the modified graphics drivers that was recommended in the Windows 8 update sticky thread :)

The solutions I found was to use a seperate software that disables the area your pen is touching, you can adjust the size of that area and how much delayed its movements is when you draw with the stylus, very nifty!

I usually use seperate devices instead of toolbars though, like mapping my Wiimote with shortcuts so I don't have to fondle
    the screen too much. If interest peaks I can make a thread about that and the different toolbars etc. Im sure there's one around already though.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it a lot ^^

6. Nemo88

Nemo88 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Decatro, I have the same issues drawing in my tabletPC ASUS... please can you tell me how to disable some touch region instead of disable all the screen and what software do you use? I look for Tguard in google but cannot find anything use for me, Can you help me?
    Thanks and sorry for my limited english.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

This software will turn off the touch screen and leave only the pen digitizer on.