panning hand in IE

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by Whiteglue, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiteglue

Whiteglue Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone :) this is my one shop stop for all the answers :) .. i have been using firefox and they have a real nice (grab and drag) feature. But for reasons we all may understand there are time i have to use IE.. and i learn t that there is such a thing as the (panning hand) much like in outlook ..but i cant seem to find it anywhere.. sigh .. any suggestions :)

Thanks in advance for any help

2. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

IE has in-built panning feature.
    However the panning hand is not included in the default toolbar setup.

Right click anywhere in the empty menu bar, go to customize -> add/remove command and there you go the panning hand :)

3. Whiteglue

Whiteglue Pen Pal - Newbie

hey thank your for your responce ( sorry it took me so long to get back to you )
    I have tried to install it from the add remove command .. it just not there (grr) i contacted microsoft (email) and they were no help ( infact they gave up ) i said isnt it your software:)

i have no idea

thanks once again for your help:)

4. RazzNuts

RazzNuts Scribbler - Standard Member

May I ask what's your IE version? I was actually referring to IE8 in my first post.
    Edit: My Bad, since it's win7 must be 8.

According to Microsoft, the Panning Hand button will only be available if the Tablet PC component is enabled (that's including TIP, Pen Flicks, etc).

Based on your post, it seems kind of obvious that the tablet PC component in your installation is already enabled. That's the confusion.

Perhaps a firefox add-on that used IE engine (and thus all the ActiveX and IE-exclusive runtime engine) will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.