Panasonic Toughbook pz-g1 is out and about finally

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by Steve B, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Well, I just saw that this tablet is now up for auction on ebay. What's cool is that if you get one that's at auction it's selling for considerably less than that ol' 2000-2500$ price. I just saw one go for 1300$ on ebay, which, while not cheap, is about 1/2 of what it's going for retail. Plus, it's only been out for a few months anyways. I bet by winter, we'll see these occasionally drop below 1000$ easy.

The appropriate usage case is limited without an included dock (why no dock!!), but I gotta say-- that thing is sweet!

2. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

Looks kind of tempting, just for the durability of it and the fact it's an 3rd gen i core device.

3. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I know. I work outdoors, and so an 800 nit, HD, 16:10, 10.1" screen on a full ip65, drop test approved, Wacom, iCore slate is well.... dreamy. That's a thing of beauty. And by my standards, it's not even that heavy- to be rugged at 2.5 lbs, and only .8" thick is very impressive, if one follows those sorts of tablets.

The major issue is the lack of a dockable keyboard. That's a big issue. if it drops enough though... :D