panasonic T5

Discussion in 'Panasonic' started by zunq, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spare Tire

Spare Tire Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody know about this unit? Is it a real tablet pc or is it just a touch screen?

2. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

3. Sergei

Sergei Digital Artist

And the screen doesn't fold down, so you can only "poke" at it. Shame; with a swivel hinge and a digitizer it would be pretty nice, a less rugged but more elegant alternative to the CF-18.

4. pibach

pibach Scribbler - Standard Member

I know this thread is inactive but with the new santa rosa model T7 it got interesting again. I have read about using the touchscreen in "book" mode, so also inking might be possible. This could be quite a good approach and maybe even better than a swiveling hinge which to some extend sacrifies stability and weight.

5. zunq

zunq Scribbler - Standard Member

I just don't get the appeal of this laptop. It has a touchscreen but everything about its specs pales in comparison to my Fujitsu T2010. Same weight, slower processor, no active digitizer, worse screen, lower resolution and it probably costs a lot more than the $1400 I paid for my convertible. It's a "tough" book but so what? The T2010 in the bump case is probably just as tough. An optical drive would have been its saving grace but I don't see it listed on its specs. I don't want to sound like I'm here to bash a product that certainly has some purpose, but this once cutting edge product seems outdated even by tablet standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.