Palm and XP Table

Discussion in 'Software' started by mpg, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpg

mpg Pen Pal - Newbie

Newbie question here. I need to sync my Treo 650 with my Tablet PC. I have heard if you disable "advanced text services" during install, you can complete and fully sync. My question is how do you find advanced text services?

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. digikality

digikality Pen Pal - Newbie

I am wondering if disabling the Advanced Text Services has worked for anyone? I tried it and while i can now completely install Palm Desktop, I still cannot sync my Treo 650 with my Tablet PC. It hangs/crashes when it gets to syncing the calendar.. and then if i turn off calendar sync it hangs at contacts (and i would assume so on and so forth but I got the point and didn't keep going). I even tried doing a hard reset and syncing with no data. WA LA i can sync! but then when I went one by one and restored my data (restore 1 file - > hotsync) it bombed again. I suppose this would indicate bad data, no? (gosh i hope not, I'd hate to have to re-enter everything (years worth))

Are there any other answers? I mean this really sucks. How can I reasonable manage my Treo without being able to install or sync. I currently backup to my SD so I'm not worried about data loss but... I want to install stuff. Should I be looking at other sync programs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.