Pain in the vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista OS' started by Mydixiwrecked00, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just got my Tx 2510us And Vista has been A pain, loaded Mozilla And lost fingerprint reader found the fix And its more work than its worth.IM also having problems with my GPS software. i realy dont want to ditch firefox 3 but even with the fingerprint fix its still having the not responding issues asnd took forever to get some of the addons to work. tryign to get into the all users doc/setings for some speakeasy work was like jumping thru hoops too... Is Vista that great or is XPtablet have its advantages. this is my first Vista experience,And I'm not impressed. I can handle downgrading to XP that OS works...should i give this a chance or should i downgrade os and ditch my beloved firefox and use IE so things like the fingerprint reader work like designed

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you updated to SP1 yet? It seems that many of the issues in Vista were corrected in SP1 and it is a little faster. XPTE is a decent OS if your hardware or software does not support Vista, but Vista (for me at least) has done everything I have asked of it.

I'm not clear if FF3 is causing your fingerprint reader issues AND GPS issues, but if this is the case why don't you ditch it? You don't have to use MSIE, there are many browsers out there and maybe another will be a better fit? Are you sure that this is not an issue with FF3 and your hardware and not Vista?

3. Mydixiwrecked00

Mydixiwrecked00 Scribbler - Standard Member

the ff3 issue is a known issue with the fingerprint reader and the addon for it is more work then entering username and password.the gps issue is a matter of vista protecting itself when xp was more"tweekable"

4. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

Bah!

Vista is not the problem. Firefox is the problem. If they can't get their program to work with an OS that's been available for two years it certainly not Microsofts fault. XP is an antiquated piece of rubbish compared to Vista for Tablet PC's. Just make sure you have both SP1 and Windows Search 4 installed.

Sorry to be blunt. It's so easy to just blame the M$ boys when most of the time it's nothing to do with them.

Gordon

5. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

My own opinion is that Vista is just fine. You do need to understand though that there is a definite 'adjustment period' if moving from XP; many things are now done differently and the security model has changed.

Since Windows 7 is much the same as Vista I'd advise trying to learn those changes, but then if you're really loathe to do so then by all means stick to XP.

6. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

Just throwing this out there, did you do a fresh install of windows vista when you got it? The tx2500 series default install was crippled by bloatware, and even when it was all removed was still crippled. Besides being crippled, it would be wrought with problems causing problems and errors across the board.

If you haven't, you better do one soon.

7. gordoncahill

gordoncahill Scribbler - Standard Member

good advice..

Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.