P1610 restore disk problem

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by P8RSON, Oct 29, 2007.

1. canglan

canglan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi folks,

I've bought my Fujitsu P1610 a while ago, it came with Vista Business pre-installed. Last week I received the Windows XP restore disk from Fujitsu Asia-Pacific, and today I've received the external USB dvd-rom I ordered on Ebay.

I can boot up with the recovery disk fine, I can diagnose (which didn't reveal any problems) and I can create partitions. However, upon selecting the recovery option, and agreed to the terms, the screen just idles at "0 % has been done." I've tried both the Vista and Windows XP recovery disks, they are the same.

I heard there was problems with some Fujitsu models in which they require Fujitsu USB CD-ROMs. But I can boot up the disk fine using mine, it's just not recovering for some reason.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

2. canglan

canglan Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh well I think I solved it. The stupid external usb drive needs to occupy two USB slots in order to function fully. :|

3. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry we were late to respond canglan.

...but at least it didn't take you long to work out the problems associated with most USB Powered drives.

As you say, you need one USB Port for power and another to transfer the data.