Owning both a Surface Pro and Go - is it a pro, or a no-go?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by yodamiked, Sep 15, 2020.

1. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not opposed to. Including!

2. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

That got an audible snort over here, well done! :D

dstrauss likes this.
  3. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

I did, and it’s extremely tempting! But my only concern is if I would notice the lack of pro-motion, coming from my 10.5 iPP. I think I need to go play with it inthe Apple store and see how particular my eyes actually are.

Being more of a lurker than a poster, I can still attest that you do have some infamy for that particular approach to your tech acquisitions. Though I think we all appreciate it as it guarantees someone will be able to give hands on feedback. Thank your wallet for me.

JoeS and dstrauss like this.
  4. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

Won't you guys actually miss the physical home button?
    Might sound strange but every time I help someone with his/her (new regular) iPad (I personally do not own an Ipad) I always think the home button is handy with it doubling as 'show open apps' (/double press) even when I know the gestures.

5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Literally the story of my life..lol

Bronsky likes this.
  6. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I recently got the iPad Pro 12.9 3rd gen, coming from my Mini 5, I can honestly say I don't miss the home button at all for its own sake. I do however miss the fingerprint reader that was incorporated into the home button, and I so far hate the Face ID...At a Desk upright it works, but lying down on a bed or couch...seldom works. As much as I love the large 12.9 inch screen, I so wish it had that finger/print reader on the power button.

dstrauss likes this.
  7. yodamiked

yodamiked Do or do not. There is no try.

So I was in a Best Buy earlier today and finally took the opportunity to play around with the Go 2. It was actually the first time I held it in my hands and felt how it was as a tablet. It felt good. Dang good. Surprisingly good. The want might overcome the need. The fact my wife was with me and didn’t seem opposed to it isn’t helping me resist. Though that might be because she fell in love with the Surface Laptop while there.

dstrauss, Bronsky and daddyfish like this.
  8. daddyfish

daddyfish Scribbler - Standard Member

, was same for me recently when I first held the Go2 in a store. I want to buy it too but at the same time I want to get more mileage out of my current windows tablet. Choices like these are always difficult lol :p, maybe wait for black friday / price cut?

JoeS likes this.
  9. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

A woman with a corresponding tech addition. Now that's sexy. You lucky man!:newpalm:

dstrauss likes this.