Overclocking the Slate 500.

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by Bronsky, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telek

Telek Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahhhh my bad! Sorry, didn't realize.

Well that's unfortunate. Ok, thanks anyway!

2. KevinB

KevinB Pen Pal - Newbie

Just thought I'd chime in. I finally was able to donate for SetFSB and got my activation key. I have been successful in overclocking to 149.9/2.099 with Win8. If I go to 150.0 Wifi stops working. Things seem to be very stable at this setting and I do notice a performance boost.

3. KevinB

KevinB Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question about running SETFSB through task scheduler. I have set it up as provided in the instructions on this thread. When I start the system, the SETFSB window comes up and sets the FSB as instructed. But then after a couple of seconds the window disappears. I then look for FSB in task manager and the process does not appear. So it appears that it's shutting down. Is that the way it's supposed to work? (SETFSB disappears regardless of whether I have set the -b parameter.)

4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Download CPU-Z and run it to see if the overclock is working. It does not stay open when running it from the task manager. With my current switches, I don't even see it on when my slate wakes.

5. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have a shortcut on the desktop. . I can single click it to open it and change the values when needed. See if you can do the same. CPU-Z is a great way to monitor also.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  6. Slate_devil

Slate_devil Pen Pal - Newbie

hey guys

I m kinda newbie in OC, but I m a quick learner as well. In my experience of OC my slate to 2,0-2,1 ghz I've been finding out that temperature level is suspiciously high. It's 79-85C when device is being charged under any kind of load (closer to 79 when load isn't much and near 85 when I'm starting some kind of malware scanning). Is it bad?

7. Slate_devil

Slate_devil Pen Pal - Newbie

one more thing... that temp results (79-85) was taken from AIDA/everest. I've downloaded cpuid recently and found out another results - 65- 80C - which is good enough, as I suppose. so what is the verdict?

8. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

It may take awhile before you get a response most slate owners have moved on to other devices.