OSX86 Dream Machine

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by corecomps, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corecomps

corecomps OSX86 User

New to the forum as I just purchased The HP TM2T. Using the $200+$300 stackable I ended up with the SU9400 + ATI 4550. I was sad it didn't have a 12 cell "extension" battery like some of the other machines HP offers. Also had hoped for the 1366x768 extra wide screen display.

My experience has been 15 years of building my own PC's, creator of the iBox, and plenty of OSX86 experience.

Originally my goal was to find a 11.6" or 12.1" ULV Intel with ATI graphics and big battery life. Price point was ~ $500-600. I couldn't find that just yet. The HP TM2T met my requirements, also had the tablet aspect and with the $500 in price breaks and coupons, it made the decision quite easy.

=========================

Based on the hardware specs, this makes an interesting (though not the easiest) Mac OSX86 machine. The Wacom aspect begs the question... could this be a low cost alternative (legalities aside) for the technical designer? With only 256 levels of pressure, perhaps the quality isn't going to be there.

• Intel SU7300 or SU9400 - Easy out of the box support
    • Intel X4500 - Not officially supported but kext mods now work with 10.6.2 X3100 64-bit drivers
    • ATI 4550 - Not officially supported again but mods are being reported to get the 4350 and 4550 work without too much effort.
    • Wacom Touch Screen - I'm guessing the multi-touch will not work but the Wacom side of it will certainly work
    • The rest is just some hard work and trial and error.

I'm not going to help anyone steal OS X but I have a retail family license and have no guilt using my last license on a HP machine. We currently have a MacBook Pro 15 and Mac Mini. Previously had a Quad Core OSX86 Intel machine but that got converted over to a PC gaming PC.

Mine isn't expected till mid this week however wanted to get this post out there to find out if others were interested in following the adventure of getting OSX86 support on this machine.

At the very least I'm excited to become part of the forum. Greetings to one and all!

2. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Welcome to the forum corecomps!

Friendly words of advice. Hackintosh discussions are much frowned upon by the admins around here for obvious reasons. Just a friendly notice since you are new.

I should have my tm2 (SU9600 HD 4550) tomorrow and I am STOKED!

Again welcome!

3. corecomps

corecomps OSX86 User

Thanks for the warm welcome and warning. I'm hoping an admin can chime in on exactly where the boundary lies on that topic. I'd love to be able to provide information without falling outside the rules of the forum.

4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

as heatlesssun mention as per forum rules, we don't allow the discussion of the installation of OS X on non apple hardware. This thread will therefore be closed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.