OS's Tablet Capabilities Poll

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by 970261, Jun 8, 2010.

?

Which OS for tablet experience have you found enjoyable? And if possible, post why.

1. XP Tablet! With SP's!

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. Vista! It's "mature" enough now

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Windows 7. Microsoft did something right this time.

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  4. Ubuntu. Why Microsoft? (If possible, list the program installed)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

XP more resposive on newer hardware then XP?:confused: And Ubuntu doesn't have enough tablet features yet even to be considered.

2. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

More responsive as in opening/running programs. It's tricky installing tablet features on Ubuntu, but it's doable...

Just VERY tedious and frustrating (comparable to playing Mission Impossible on the NES especially with those DAMN PUSHERS AND FLAME GUYS!...But i digress).

3. Slidje

Slidje whats a slidje?

Vista had the best overrall features, but its too slow to start and load programs. It took a long time to go into sleep mode and wake up so i had to get rid of it.

7 had **** battery life and is identical to vista, apart from boot speed, so i stopped using that.

XP has the best battery life and load speed. It loads in seconds, when i log in its instantly onto the desktop and usable. It wakes and sleeps almost instantly.
    It loads programs the fastest but it really struggles if i load more than one photoshop image at a time. Can only really do one image on it at a time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.