Ordering the M7

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by ryanmartini, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuantumXL

QuantumXL Pen Pal - Newbie

No arguments, Right choice if you like the size than your set. Good luck man, and i myself like the M7.

2. jreagles16

jreagles16 Newbie in Training

Whats the battery life like?

3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Hi jreagles16,

The M7 is meant to be a desktop replacement unit, however, you'll get around two and half to maybe just over three hours of battery life. :)

If you tinker around with the Toshiba Power Saver Properties, and put it in the "Long Life" mode, you may get up to 5 hours, but everyone's mileage may vary on that one.

4. diekenny

diekenny Pen Pal - Newbie

Under XP, with most of the power saving options enabled (brightness at 25%, screen turns off after 2mins, etc) I'm able to get about 3 hours during classes (ie. Lots of journal, a little web browsing, no real heavy lifting) with the newest battery (4700mAh). Though I also have a few 4400mAh left from my M200 days which only get about 2 hours, though this is more likely due to their age as they drop from 30% to 2% life directly.

Under Vista with similar power settings I get around 2h20m, though this could likely be improved some.

5. The Niles

The Niles Scribbler - Standard Member

From other accounts Vista improves battery life not decreases it. I have heard several people commenting who have tried Vista that it has increased battery life for them. I would classify this as a freak occurence.

6. WEBSRFRINMD

WEBSRFRINMD M200, M7

Not according to other posts on this board. I am barely getting 1.5 - 2 hours of battery life. There's nothing freak about this. It's a brand new M7 with a brand new Vista RTM installation.

I'm reporting from actual experience with my M7 and Vista.

7. ryanmartini

ryanmartini Pen Pal - Newbie

well if i am taking notes, i dont need max screen brightness, wifi on, and bluetooth. What are some good quotes with power savings on, cpu down, screen, etc...

thanks!

-ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.