Ordering Process from Toshiba

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by HipboyScott, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HipboyScott

HipboyScott Pen Pal - Newbie

I put in my order for a Toshiba Tablet over a week ago, on the 13th.

After 3 days of delay with Credit processing due to some address mixup with my bank, the order finally switched from Credit Verification to Order Being Processed. Having never ordered a computer from Toshiba, I'm not sure if that means they are processing my order, getting it ready to build, or if that means the order is being built...I don't know.

So my question to people who have ordered a Toshiba computer who have potentially checked on it's order status, and can remember, did the order say 'processing' until it shipped, or does it have a 'building' stage somewhere in-between?

I guess I'm just a little paranoid because my order process has been so effed up, due to 'tolerance stackup' of sorts...delay from billing issue, delay due to Chinese holiday, and unkowns due to pretty ambiguous order status names.

I was hoping to get the tablet before the end of the month (seeing as it was ordered on the 13th, that diddn't seem unreasonable) but now that seems pretty wishful thinking.

2. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

If you can cancell it and go with a other brand.

3. HipboyScott

I've read your posts and while I've taken a note, and am feeling sympathy for your issues, I can't say I'm about to jump ship just yet. If I understand you are working from the UK which means that your experiences may or may not have any correlation to what I must deal with, since we're probably dealing with two different support teams if not divisions.

At the same time, the Tosh looks to meet my expectations as well as I can reasonably know...so unless I find my situation completely out of hand as you have had, I'm content to stick to my guns and deal with my decision.

Anyway, I am concerned that my order might be taking a while. Perhaps I'm used to things being shipped within 2-3 business days and delivered within the week...seeing as I've never ordered a PC or notebook factory direct before, I'm not sure if I just need to be patient. Maybe it's almost ready to ship...maybe the order hasn't even processed fully due to some internal failure to pass it down to the assembly floor. I want to know if there's a chance I need to tell Toshiba to check their records and make sure they build my darn Tablet...since I'm finding every day times when I would really want to have it.

But, thanks for your concern blogcast...if Toshiba has really screwed this up, and doesn't offer some kind of reperations (I always like a better Processor)...I might have to take your advice and withdraw my order if I can.

4. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Have you tried contacting them Scott.

Basically once the Credit Card has been debited, then and only then should the transaction be complete.
    If they have debited your card prior to sending your machine out to you, you have grounds to complain.

5. grinch2k

grinch2k Pen Pal - Newbie

I placed my order from toshiba direct on Feb 12, thinking 8-10 days build time for a customized tablet. In theory I will finally recieve it today march 5th, only after being jerked around on numerous occasions. After a similar problem with my credit card (cleared up on Feb 13th) i thought my system would be shipping out by the end of the month, and yet on the 21st they originally told me not till march 6th. With help from theats of the better buisness beauro, my system miracously got built in record time and shipped on the 28th. But where is it. After speeking with 3 levels of customer service trying to get the tracking number I was rudely hung up on. I did try to call UPS who told me in my area if i havent recieved it by 5pm, it was not going to happen today, but without the infamous tracking #, they could not be positive. In my ignorance, i actually tried calling customer service again, where they promised me they would call and find out where it is and make sure i got it today. That was 4pm, its not almost 6, and UPS defianlty does not deliver past 7 in my area, and still no call back for customer service.

This will be my last toshiba product.... I am so sorry i used toshiba direct. If you are still getting jerked around like I have been and it has not been charged to your credit card, i would urge you to CANCEL. And if not, maybe this will serve as a warning to anyone else who may want to make the mistake to use toshiba direct.

6. HipboyScott

Actually, I've had a decent experience with shipping. After a short while, my order updated to reflect a March 1st ship date, and on March 3rd it had arrived, which I must assume is very fast for crossing the Pacific Ocean, going through customs, and then arriving on the East Coast.

The people I talked to at Toshiba, both with my credit issue, and later inquiring about the status and shipping, helped out and got me what I needed, and it arrived friggin' FAST.

I don't know, maybe because it's my first notebook purchase ever, I don't have any previous experiences...but besides having to wait for unfortunate but seemingly legit delays, I havn't had any major issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.