Ordering Delays

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Lunchbox, Jul 19, 2006.

1. ave0000

ave0000 Pen Pal - Newbie

writing this post from my. new. tablet PC the handwriting is going to take some getting used to. I just got it today, fedex got it here faster than they had estimated. Gateway still is very certain that it arrived on the 27th, but whatever. It's a very nice machine.

2. Smartdog

Smartdog Pen Pal - Newbie

ave0000 and lunchbox,

Glad to see you received you Tablets. I just got mine too:D

I have not opened the box yet. (at work....I want to do a little review for everyone I want to have a take pictures):eek:

I will be on vacation Next week so the review will come the week later. Give me time to play around with the machine/tool/toy.

I can't wait to start using it. I keep coming up with things that I might be able to do with a Tablet PC that I could not do with a Notebook.

Question:
    I ordered bluetooth with my machine ...but it does not show up on the packing slip. I called Gateway and they said it has it installed (I know as soon as look at the device drivers I will know. But I would like to know before I open the package.). Did anyone order bluetooth for their machine? If you did , did the packing slip not mention it?

Enjoy..and my peace be on us all and a nice tablet in you hands

Smartdog
    "We all learn by sharing what we know"

3. RoyalBean

RoyalBean Pen Pal - Newbie

I orderd my gateway on moday, the 24th, and recieved it on the 3rd of august, just a week and 2 days, not too bad for a customized order coming from china.

4. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Pen Pal - Newbie

So my pen had some damage to the tip when I received it, it seems to work alright, but jumps around a bit sometimes when I use the pen. So I told Gateway and they are sending a replacement but are backed up 7-10 days! Again another delay!!!

I just realized that with me moving back to school around the 23rd, this replacement may not make it to me if it takes the full 15 business days (7-10 business days backorder + 3-5 business days shipping). One more thing to include in my letter that I'm finally sending out.

5. ave0000

ave0000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, upon further inspection. I discovered that gateway screwed up and sent me a better processor (t2400 instead of a t2300 ) which I'm happy about, but the problem is that I specifically ordered a 60 gig drive, and that they sent me a 40 gig instead. So, my question to the forums: should I be satisfied with the tradeoff or should I call them on the mistake?

6. madandru

madandru Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Lunchbox

The upgrade is nice, just keep that to yourself and complain about the hard drive, although its up to you on how much you'll have on it before that hard drive gets to you

8. madandru

madandru Pen Pal - Newbie

So I'm the next victim for the order delay. I ordered on the 7/25 expected to ship on 8/7. Got the email this morning delayed until 8/16.

9. RobbieG

RobbieG Pen Pal - Newbie

I, like madandru, ordered on 7/25 and was expected to receive today (8/7). Online, my orderstatus says it's still processing my credit card. I called, and they said that the order status page doesn't update correctly, and there was some rain damage or something, so they are rebuilding the tablets? From what I'm reading here, delays with gateway seem common and they always have excuses.

10. Lunchbox

Well at least some of you are getting e-mails on the day its supposed to arrive that its delayed, it was two days past my "arrival date" when I set out to contact them and they told me of the delay. My replacement pen actually got shipped out the next day after I asked about it, but UPS takes their sweet time with orders and pushes the 3-5 days to 5 when they can. The only thing was that I never received an e-mail that my order was shipped like I did with the computer, I don't know if this is common or not with replacement parts.