Ordering Delays

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by Lunchbox, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brox

brox Pen Pal - Newbie

screens are in and they are starting to ship them

2. 20six15

20six15 Pen Pal - Newbie

Brox-
    Heard that response 5 times at least.

Lunchbox-
    Maybe we should all call the same person. My rep's supervisor, which does not call back eiher, is LAMAR extension 23314. My sales rep is Jaylee Moody extension 32698. I emailed and called both 2x when I found out that my unit was pushed back again and again. She only called me back about 3 weeks ago when I had an unrelated question regardinhg the difference between the M285 and the cx210x which I ordered. I wanted to cancel my order based on not getting proper information or options in ordering, she immediately called me back. No one has called me back regarding the delay issue.

Customer fulfillment sucks, and their excuses are lame. I will not order another one and if I do not like this one I will refuse to pay the 15% restocking fee. I cannot believe they will not give us any additional discounts for our inconvenience.

3. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Pen Pal - Newbie

Gateway used to be a great company, but it goes to show you what large corporate status can do. If I remember correctly they used to pride themselves on their american made products and support, which reflected their farm start up heritage, and now I'm hearing my computer is coming from China?!?

I most likely will be writing a formal letter to their corporate office filing a complaint on this issue and the fact that the company isn't taking responsibility for problems within its own infrastructure. What bothers me the most is that when I ask for a compensation of a measily 2.7% of the original cost (a new stylus), somehow this isn't justified to cut into their profits of most likely 30% on the sales price of the product (taking into account the cost for a comparable build with only components and factoring the difference between that and wholesale prices as the labor percentages; which arguably might be cheaper given overseas labor). I might appreciate my product when I get it, but the big question is when. The ONLY positive light I can shed on this is that at least my three year warranty and ADP will last a month longer then I anticipated.

4. 20six15

20six15 Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree with the corporate letter. Please post the mailing address and point of contact so that all letters go to the same person, hopefully to the president or chairman.

You are right they are being sent from CHINA.

5. Lunchbox

As of right now they gave me the address but no specific person to direct it towards, I sent back an e-mail asking for a specific name, as I do not want this to end up in the circular file due to misdirection and just simple stating "Gateway" as to who the letter is to.

Gateway
    610 Gateway Drive
    North Sioux City, SD 57049-3199

Edit:

Thank you for your e-mail. I see that you want to know where you can specifically address your letter of complaint. Robert, there is no specific person. Please let me explain that upon receipt of your letter
    to our Corporate address which was provided to you by Lance (Badge GWPC134), it will be reviewed by our ERT (Executive Response Time) and they will do their best to address your concern.

I have documented this correspondence in Service Request Number 2-2273084273 in our contact tracking database. Please use this number in the future if you need to contact us again regarding this issue.

Please reply to this message if you require further assistance with this
    issue. If your reply is received while I am out of the office, to ensure a speedy resolution, your issue will be handled by one of my colleagues.

6. Lunchbox

Just got my shipping confirmation through gateway, I guess the multiple correspondences with their sales and customer service department put them back on track for the july 31st arrival date rather then the august 3rd that they had pushed it back to again (that would have been the 5th delay I believe on their part). Left Shanhai at 10AM, since its not even 10 AM here yet I don't know what time zone fedex is using. Now in anticipation of the arrival I'll go look at the pictures Barry has posted of the M285, as sad as that sounds.

7. ave0000

ave0000 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just want to mention that I'm experiencing the same situation. I placed my order for an M285-e on the first ( 07/01/06 ). Originally I was given an estimated arrival date of 07/26/06. A while ago I called and asked what was taking so long and was given the screens excuse and was told the expect it to move into production on the 21st. Calling today yielded an annoying mostly automated run around and not even a decent excuse. Although the order status page and the automated telephone order status indicate that it should arrive 07/27/06 (today), the person from 1-800-GATEWAY said the 31st.

8. wokao118

wokao118 Pen Pal - Newbie

i have ordered mine in 7/17th and that is after they missed up my order twice...
    so my Estimated Arrival Date is 08/01/2006 and i hope they won't delay it

9. Lunchbox

If you don't see a shipping e-mail tomorrow then its probably delayed.

Update on my order: on further inspection they ship the tablet but not the targus notebook backpack? Umm was there something missing from the backpack I should be informed about? Or do they ship these from within the united states as a separate order?

10. wokao118

wokao118 Pen Pal - Newbie

they shipped my bags and battery to me first and i allready got them, but they still haven't say anything about my tablet!!! I'm gonna be pissed off so bad if they can't get it done and ship to me before school start!!! grrrrrr.....