Optical Drive filler panel, tx2525

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by headkase, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headkase

headkase Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all,

I am curious whether or not there is a filler panel to replace the optical drive. I can't tell you the last time I used it and I am looking to add the 8-cell battery and I believe the offset should help.

Thanks

James

2. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, there is one, your computer should have come with it. It has the same end shape as the drive and is made of a lightweight plastic with a lot of empty space...

3. headkase

headkase Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the information, however, mine did not come with the filler (great description BTW, I appreciate it). I assume it was not included, because it was a refurb.

Anywhere else I could pick one up? I talked to HP and they advised it doesn't exist and cannot be ordered.

Thanks

James

4. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

You wont notice significant weight decrease. Its like taking out a seat from your car to make it lighter....quite pointless.

5. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree it does not make it much lighter. The drive itself is not nearly as heavy as the battery.

6. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

does anyone know if taking the cd drive out will increase battery life?

7. joetheboy

joetheboy Pen Pal - Newbie

If u dont have a cd in there then there is no diff in battery life. If you really want good battery life, Use windows 7, undervolt you cpu, change your graphics profile to Max power saver and cap your cpu at 99%. (regular defrag and registry cleaning are obvious things)

8. fysloc

fysloc Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been trying to undervolt the cpu, but am confused about the pstates for the athlon since it only has 2 pstates, and max power saver graphics profile is just powerplay option with max battery life is it not? and why 99% and not say 50%?

9. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

I have two extra ones (besides the one I'm using) still in their original packaging and the Stickers on them say

Barcode
    FOXEBTT80450143C
    KSKZ REV:3C 09.22.07 G03

Barcode
    FOXEBTTS0130103A
    KSKZ REV:3A 07.14.08 16A

The bottom one is newer, if you have a warranty on your system, that may help you get HP support to send you one (or it may not, but it can't hurt to try)

10. octagonalman

octagonalman Pen Pal - Newbie

I think it helps more to save the optical drive from damage by shakes and bumps when you're about - which is still quite a good reason to get one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.