Opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by poetdante, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DistanceEd

DistanceEd Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I am trying to decide between these Tablet to possibly purchase. I was wondering if anyone would recommend these tablet PC's over one, or why would I should avoid them. I was looking at the Acer C310, Gateway M280eb (Maybe wrong about the model name), Fujitsu T4020D, Toshiba M400 or Satellite R15.

Thank you,
    Matt

2. everythingblogcast

everythingblogcast Scribbler - Standard Member

I would just say that The m400 is a good spec tpc i ordered my back on Feb 22 but since i am in the UK and they are limited here. So I dont know when my is going get to me last update on the order said that it would be dispatched on April 10 so after 1 and 1/2 months I cant wait until I get my.

It has the fingerprint reader in a strange area of the screen if you use the laptop mode more then the tablet. But it looks like it will work on the tablet mode.

3. nossy

nossy Pen Pal - Newbie

Depends on your budget and use. If you can dish out $2,000-$2,500, I'd recommend the Toshiba M400 with core duo (it's pretty new on the market), which is somewhat Vista proof (not fully confirmed yet, but the new Intel GMA 950 suppose to be capable of aeroglass). Otherwise T4020 is a great buy for $1,600-2,000. The Fujitsu uses the older Intel graphics accelerater 900, which I have heard is not capable of aeroglass. I saw the Gateway tablet at BestBuy and didn't really like it (although it's pretty cheap for about $1000). It's pretty big for a tablet with 14.1" screen and not as portable. If you're gonna get the Gateway tablet, might as well get the Toshiba Tecra M4, unless you only want to spend about a $1000.

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

the r15 is no longer availble from toshiba. you can try your luck with left over stock from retail stores. but I do recomend the m4 at least

5. DistanceEd

DistanceEd Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your input. I have also looked at the slate tablets. The three I narrowed down to are Tabletkiosk Sahara i215 Motion Computing Le1600 and Electrovaya Scribbler 3100. Is it true that Electorvaya has a 9 hour battery. When I spec' d the Table Kiosk I thought that I saw that option to buy.

Also PoetDante what tablet pc do you use and why do you like it?

6. NJS

NJS Pen Pal - Newbie

He uses an R15, and I think he's very happy with it.

7. McDuck

McDuck Pen Pal - Newbie

Everyone seems to be recommending the M4.
    I like the look of it, I'd love to try one out myself.

8. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am very happy with my r15. glad I got two more before they went out.